Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound editor error - Can't Receive MIDI Mesg from the Device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trillionaire_dj

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Sound editor error - Can't Receive MIDI Mesg from the Device Reply with quote

Hi all,

My first post here, apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere.

I have tried to connect my MicroKorg S to my HP laptop via an M-Audio Uno MIDI connector ($40 at Sam Ash).

When I try to fire it up, a dialogue box pops up that says "ERROR: Can't Receive MIDI Message from the Device."

Per instructions, I turned the write-protection off and enabled MIDI system exclusive messages (page 4 of SoundEditor manual).

So when I do try to use it, it appears to upload the data from the synth to the software, but then it gives the message.

Also, when I look at all of the programs, all of them have the same parameters, which of course isn't the case on the synth -- all of them have Voice Mode = Single, Arpeggio = Off, Arpeggio Type = Up.

Any idea what I can do to fix this? Is there a better, more updated Sound Editor I can use? I'm not sure what else to do.

I'm new at this - I've been djing for years but just started making my own music.

Thanks everyone,
Jacob
gerardhvisser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that frustrating error, had it exactly the way you describe it.
Setting the Midi clock to Extern on your MK, before you start the PC-editor, might help, it did for me. Don't forget to turn the clock to Intern again if your working on / try to play a program that uses the Arpeggiator, it needs the (Internal) Clock and so you might hear nothing. Turn it to External again to Write the settings if needed. A further possibility might be a weak powered USB port, try another port or lend a PC from some-one and try it here. And check for updates of the drivers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: