Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Freeze Ups

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Random Freeze Ups Reply with quote

What puzzles me is that in over a year of gigs and rehearsals my Pa4x has been stable. The last session I done the Pa4x was playing back one of my midi files a file used lots and during this playback suddenly the instrument locks up leaving all panel controls frozen but with the midi file continuing, no sound available across the keyboard either. I cannot fathom this and thinking back to the freezing issues with the Kronus owners who were gigging with it were using a UPS power supply, maybe mains issues are also a issue for the Pa4x and lets remember which uses a common garden PC motherboard?
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa4x doesn't have a pc motherboard.
It uses the same architecture as pa300/600/900/3xle...
I can't be sure but from what i have seen and given how new is the 4x still, i don't think that this is a power issue.It should be a software one or fault in flash memory on cpu board.
System does something like defragmenting on flash to keep it in good shape every X runs or X days (don't remember the exact numbers right now).So i give most possibilities that it is a software error...
As there is no factory reset os (at least yet) ,you can try to recreate the problem and post how every user could recreate it (exact steps like 1)open a midi file,2)choose a performance,3)open another file , etc...) so other users and/or korg will be able to investigate and find what is causing it!
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the PC motherboard your right I thought I seen a breakdown picture of the innards of the Pa4x showing such a configuration my mistake.

Regarding the freeze up this last week of extensive testing has failed to replicate the issue but that said with a heavy month of live work coming up let's see what gives.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some heavy gig schedule following the lock up I reported I have not experienced any further such issues so the lock up remains a mystery

Long may it continue I say
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
After some heavy gig schedule following the lock up I reported I have not experienced any further such issues so the lock up remains a mystery

Long may it continue I say
Good News...did you run a UPS power supply in the end ?... I also seem to be out of the long grass now with a new replacement PA4X, so feeling more engaged with this keyboard now as new PA system has been purchased last week, I will join in also and say "long may it continue" ... I hope other owners out there who have been reporting and struggling with theses issue are finding solutions ?

Last edited by D575 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

May I ask , what OS do you have..
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OS is 1.2.1
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

Is the operating system in the flash memory and if flash memory is the same as a USB memory stick than it should not need to be flashed until you update to a new operating system.

As I said before the only time the keyboard would freeze up is with operating system124 and only in the songbook mode . but now I'm Back to os121 , and no more freezing up.
mstodola

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be anything. All it takes is a hickup in the OS or in button presses or a flaky connection to something important inside to create a lockup. I hate those intermittent problems. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: