Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manchester Bombing - Ariana Grande Concert
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Manchester Bombing - Ariana Grande Concert Reply with quote

I'm aware of posting potential Religious/Political aspects on this forum, but...

I've just woken up to the shocking news of events in my home town.

A suicide bomber detonated a device killing 22 including children at the Manchester Arena, where Ariana Grande had performed last night.

News is still very sketchy at the moment - An unbelievably sickening and cowardly attack. My thoughts are with the families of those involved.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm aware of posting potential Religious/Political aspects on this forum, but...

Me too, and by heck it gets very hard to hold back sometimes. I've a lot of things I'd like to say actually but can't.

This is all horrendous. Very sad news today.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible! Prayers to all! Be safe!
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: our hearts prayers go out to the families and friends Reply with quote

our hearts prayers thoughts go out to the families and friends of those affected by the terrorist acts....
this is why we hire good security for our events....
I think there will come a time when the open concert and indoor concert will be a thing of the past..

due to the health issues these day's
I do not go to any concerts any more...
thoughts of bio terrorist acts come to mind!!
or events like this one...

If it was not for you tube I would not to have seen any last year!!

was this inside or out side the event center??
I looked right now and did not see any info yet...

if the t attack was inside where were the concert security folks??

I can see the day yet of check points...
scanners etc....
at every venue!

sad day indeed!!
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INSANE!
Crying or Very sad

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prayers to the injured and condolences to the families of those lost. The mindless act shows true cowardice.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prayers going out to all the victims.

The news just showed pictures of some of the victims in the attack.
They were just kids.
Very heartbreaking.
slug

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you are shedding a tear how about not forgetting all the thousands of children killed by the western military adventures in the middle east in the past 15 years.
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited by spaceman3 on Sun May 28, 2017 4:24 pm; edited 5 times in total
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thing brings a couple of thoughts to mind:

The first thought is to wonder whether events like the Ariana Grande and Eagles of Death Metal concert attacks will be regularly repeated - enough so to be a statistically realistic concern anyway - and if so, where we as artists go from here.

Right now these events are massive statistical outliers, and the kill ratios of attackers are fairly low. Even if the Eagles of Death Metal only got the Bataclan to 50% capacity, the attack team only managed about a 12% kill ratio, and the Manchester bomber killed a minute proportion of the crowd that was gathering for Ariana Grande.

So with a pattern of rare, low yield attacks, travelling by car to a concert may actually still be more dangerous than terrorists attacking the concerts. As has been observed elsewhere, the supply of people sufficiently mentally damaged to perform suicide attacks is quite limited, so there is no realistic prospect of this sort of attack becoming particularly common.

The greater danger from the prospect of the entertainment industry (from U2's booking agents through to the dive bar on the corner) is that audiences may decide to avoid forming crowds, and take in shows remotely. It's quite possible to do so, through things like Second Life. Or, if I were a conceptual artist, I might put up a series of concrete barriers in an open field, so arranged as to limit the spread of hypothetical shrapnel, while directing blasts (comparatively) harmlessly upwards. And so on, and so forth.

It's also possible, with an economist's hat on, that people start to duck concerts in the same way that movie theatres are emptying in favour of the living room. Substitution plays a role, in parallel with modification of (perceived) risk and cost of access. As they say, the best seat in the house is the seat in your own house. I could very well see a sort of virtual boiler room style of concert. Or even, for more album-driven artists, a live streamed interview with analysis of the album itself.

We have the technology to charge for that sort of thing, and deliver it pretty reliably. A lot of people will moan about the loss of direct connection with the audience, and everything that goes along with that, but could this be a new direction in performance?

Will MTV show music videos again?
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Last edited by spaceman3 on Sun May 28, 2017 4:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a terrible event, as is any butchering of innocents in any country.

It is important to keep calm and carry on and not let the terrorists win. Your risk of dying of terrorist attack is minuscule compared to the damage you can do to yourself in your own kitchen or garden (UK HS&E stats are quite enlightening - I have a job where we have to do safety assessments and safety arguments for conducting potentially hazardous activity).

The only protection you have is (apart from luck of not being in the wrong place at the wrong time) to be vigilant and as a society we should not tolerate extremism and radicalism - we make the mistake of tolerating it in the name of multi-culturism.

If a fanatic wishes to live in a sharia state and hates the West so much, then we should deport him to a country that supports it and he is free (or not) to live that way.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Last edited by spaceman3 on Sun May 28, 2017 4:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born in the Middle East and the timing couldn't get any worse for me. Unfortunately, I'm too familiar with war and terrorism on a personal level , so I understand the pain.If I had to limit my comments to music only....Religion is the most powerful thing indeed. One form of it produces at least 1200 years worth of documented master pieces and another form drives someone to kill children in a music concert.

spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
I was born in the Middle East and the timing couldn't get any worse for me. Unfortunately, I'm too familiar with war and terrorism on a personal level , so I understand the pain.If I had to limit my comments to music only....Religion is the most powerful thing indeed. One form of it produces at least 1200 years worth of documented master pieces and another form drives someone to kill children in a music concert.

Your comments are profound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: