Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not save browsing here.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Not save browsing here. Reply with quote

My Chrome browser shows me an (i) before www.korgforum.com clicked it and it said that its not save on this site pretty much surprised, So I went to Casio music forum similar not save , then I went to yamaha forum and that one was secure.

What gives ?.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot the 's': www.korgforumS.com
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are problems everywhere Wink
Escapegoat

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just means there's no SSL/other encryption of data between your computer and this site. So the data you type in is sent as-is (in the clear), which means a rogue server between the two computers could read your data.

(Whether or not there's nything valuable to a hacker is another question.)
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fundamentally, now if any website isn't encrypted- using HTTPS, the it's reported as unsafe.

That because in this PC world, it's everyone else's responsibility to protect us, not our own through use of firewalls, anti-malware, etc., and plain old common sense.

..Joe
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you start posting us your bank account details on this site, or use the same password on this site as you do your bank, then you are probably safe to keep coming here. Wink

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
Unless you start posting us your bank account details on this site, or use the same password on this site as you do your bank, then you are probably safe to keep coming here. Wink

What happened to good old fashioned trust ?

I don't believe everyone is a con, a thief, a BS artist or a strange reactionary

Wink
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes I forgot the "s", Well normally I won't get that much spooked lately on whats digitally coming in and out most authentication work as they must.

With the measure's taken I'm not so much worried about theft , or getting conned heck the spam I get in my mail box once a while makes me scratch my head and think why even try.

But Chrome browser as of beginning this year gotten much sharper about which sites it trust and which not where you get a warning before entering a site .

And there the thing if Google finds a site is not trusted and you do enter its on you're own peril. If you think well screw them that my business yes but to me I don't want to see overtime one of my favorite sites getting a stamp malicious some where in the future.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrome, since latest updates, Will regard many non SSL/TLS (https://) Sites as unsecure, this will over the course of months/years will become the standard anyways.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
fahadhus85

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facing the same issue guys ......
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fahadhus85 wrote:
Facing the same issue guys ......

Hi,

Is it really an issue? This is a non encrypted site, so the browser is showing you that status - I had only just noticed that they are starting to do that. But it is a site upon which you are placing information in the public domain.

I have no reservations about visiting a non encrypted site like this, but avoid posting personal and sensitive data on it that could be used as a route of attack to something a bit more important like your bank account.

Let's hope nobody is using the same logon details for this site as they do their bank account Wink

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: