Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Delete/Get rid of greyed samples with (*) in RAM?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: How to Delete/Get rid of greyed samples with (*) in RAM? Reply with quote

Hi,

I see lot of greyed samples with (*) in my Pa4x RAM memory and cannot highlight them for deleting.

1- How to Delete/Get rid of greyed samples with (*) in RAM to save some spaces? and does deleting not affecting the users styles?

2- What exactly these greyed samples with (*) are?

Thanks for any info.
ozdaniel(AD)
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: How to Delete/Get rid of greyed samples with (*) in RAM? Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Hi,

I see lot of greyed samples with (*) in my Pa4x RAM memory and cannot highlight them for deleting.

1- How to Delete/Get rid of greyed samples with (*) in RAM to save some spaces? and does deleting not affecting the users styles?

2- What exactly these greyed samples with (*) are?

Thanks for any info.

Hi BR
That sampler with (*) is a compressed sampler to have more space in RAM, there is nothing wrong!
If you want to stop having that sign, saves again each individual sampler with the Compression function unchecked.

Regards
Daniel
tombikadam

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to delete a different sample but DON'T delete it! when the delete screen comes, turn the wheel to locate THE FILE YOU WANT TO DELETE.. that's it..

whit this way you can delete gray samples
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Delete/Get rid of greyed samples with (*) in RAM? Reply with quote

ozdaniel(AD) wrote:

Hi BR
That sampler with (*) is a compressed sampler to have more space in RAM, there is nothing wrong!
If you want to stop having that sign, saves again each individual sampler with the Compression function unchecked.

Regards
Daniel

Daniel thanks for the explanation.
I didn't know that, appreciated.

You're right my set is compressed to take advantages of 800 MB spaces.
But the question is, why all the samples (compressed) are not greyed out with an asterisk (*) and they are in minority
comparing to the samples that are Bold visually in the display and we can highlight/edit/delete them?

I just try to understand.

Quote:
try to delete a different sample but DON'T delete it! when the delete screen comes, turn the wheel to locate THE FILE YOU WANT TO DELETE.. that's it..

whit this way you can delete gray samples

Hi tombikadam,
Thanks for your reply.

I know that since Pa1X time. But the problem is that I have about 4200 samples and you can imagine
how is time consuming (could take hours) to find a sample delete it and restart again for the second sample,
delete it and then restart for third sample and so on..... with no bulk deleting option.
FYI, I am aware of the option page for deleting Unassigned samples in Sampling Mode but it does not help me for this task.

Thanks anyway
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Gray samples = Bad news Reply with quote

Sample(*) is commonly known since Pa3X that is an index of compressed sample , so far so good for end-users !
Things are getting messy when a sample is identified with gray letters no matter if (*) or not ...

I have explained that issue in many topics in the last 8 years , so what does this means ...
Gray samples are created when a user tries to load custom PCM samples while Ram is almost full , at the end of operation a mesage
warns user that not all of samples were loaded 'cause of unsufficient Ram but instead many of those samples were loaded incomplete
as corrupted data , filling sampler with junk files that can't be deleted.
The proper action is when this happens to delete container MS with also clicking box "delete unsused samples".
So everytime users with filled RAM try to load samples , then those gray samples will be multiplied , slowing down PaSeries performance
freezing keyboard and cause the ignorant announcement of many users for buggy OS.
This is the common signature of poor & freeware SETs , mostly ethnic , that "travel" from Pa800 to Pa4X with hundreds of "corrupted"
gray samples from time sliced drums & percussion loops and incomplete sounds (missing key notes).

All users that have this issue ought to "heal" their SET , and since those gray samples can't be deleted even using "delete unsused samples"
they have to find the associated Multisamples , delete them one by one also clicking box "delete unsused samples".
For gray time sliced loop samples , you have to find the associated Sounds , delete all of them and then from SOUND/Record/Edit/upper
screen scroll down menu/Delete/delete unsused samples.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks AntonyShermman for your reply.
I will look and dig at this issue in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: