Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Syntronik...A new virtual synth by IK Multimedia
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject: Syntronik...A new virtual synth by IK Multimedia Reply with quote

Looks like it will be released sometimes in July. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRx6CeJDiy0

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik/

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very impressive line-up of soft synths. Even an Andromeda A6 thrown in there. Shocked

Sweet..!!!

Sharp.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds, like it is a huge sample set of the instruments rather than complete modelling, albeit going through one of four modelled filters?

Not saying it won't sound good, but just pointing out that these do not seem to be fully modelled instruments.

Will be checking it out of course. Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
Sounds, like it is a huge sample set of the instruments rather than complete modelling, albeit going through one of four modelled filters?

Not saying it won't sound good, but just pointing out that these do not seem to be fully modelled instruments.

I'm intrigued, but why does the Minimoog and 2600 only have 2 oscillators? Seems to be a bit of a major omission.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. I missed that. Having looked at it more closely, I already have most of what is on offer in modelled form, and an SY99 in real form. Only thing really missing on my wish list is a Polymoog, but XIL-LABS are currently working on a modelled version of that.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the instrument supposedly modelled is the SY99!

So - they're provided AFM and RCM synthesis??
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
One of the instrument supposedly modelled is the SY99!

So - they're provided AFM and RCM synthesis??

Doubt it. It's all probably just sampled including the AFM section. But to be fair, we probably need to check deeper.

My Echoes Music Website
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's a lot.
I am running outta desk space already with many midi controllers and other units, but for this I might have to make space for.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My drives are full too. Gotta get me a new SSD for sure. Usually I don't "pre-order" stuff, unless it's a company like Spectrasonics but I got this one. I guess it was cheap and I was curious!

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syntronic will be available tomorrow
Check out the video's
Its a Jordan Rudess demo

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/375/multimedia-syntronik-demo-jordan-rudess

34 classic synths for €100 seems like to good an offer to say no ...
It definately makes Arturi's V-collection very very expensive..
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
That's a very impressive line-up of soft synths. Even an Andromeda A6 thrown in there. Shocked

Sweet..!!!

Sharp.

I have to agree Sharp. It will be interesting to see the reviews when it gets out.
JR's demos make it a very tantalizing possible addition to my kit.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already know this is not going to be a Reaktor type of instrument with "endless" menus and sub-menus and stuff. Sometimes you just want to have a playable instrument with fair amount of control...This could probably fit in that category very well for this price! Same thing goes with IK's orchestral library. It's great for writing ideas...without straining your CPU and getting burried into articulations and keyswitches.

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
I already know this is not going to be a Reaktor type of instrument with "endless" menus and sub-menus and stuff. Sometimes you just want to have a playable instrument with fair amount of control...This could probably fit in that category very well for this price! Same thing goes with IK's orchestral library. It's great for writing ideas...without straining your CPU and getting burried into articulations and keyswitches.

Ik really delivers at a good price, and good performance..
Sampletank 3 (on which this synthselectionnis mostly based) is a very underestimated engine...

Sampletank, kontakt, halion, falcon.. all are top knotch .. but in general you will only need one of them"........ kontakt is much more "just a" sampler then the other 3, but since everyone buys komplete, thats not so much of a problem..
chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sampling analog synth?!! lol. I though this technology to recreat real musicial instruments and gear is went in to the past as failure and absolute. Real analog synth has so many factors and variable which can affect sound and you cannot sampling all that combination. For example electricity quality, temperature and mouser in the room, aging of components, time it is powered on, electromagnetic field and many many other things which makes real analog music equipment to have soul and be breezing alive. While software is just linear and dead. Modern the best on the market plugins like for example (U-he, Slate Digital and others) which try to imitate real analog gear by physically modeling them does not sound as interesting as real things but sampling is even more downgrade! P.s. I think people should not waist their time on software and buy real things if they can!

P.s.
Nowdays there are many of them but hopefully never all people on the Earth will become as deaf and say as if it is truth that they hear no difference between digital software and real analog or real mechanical musical equipments.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you even serious? If you want to put it that way the whole idea of sampling an instrument is a waste of time. Vintage or not, even acoustic instruments are affected by humidity, room temperature and so on and so forth. According to your awesome argument, then it shouldn't make sense to sample a Drum, string, woodwind, brass, Percussion.....library either. Actually it's even harder with these types of instruments because there's tons of articulations and velocity layers associated with them. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: