Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg ms2000r - midi controller issue. Please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crescendo2310

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Korg ms2000r - midi controller issue. Please help Reply with quote

Hello people! I'm new here so please excuse me for any mistakes possible in my post, I'll try not to make many. I own an ms2000r for about one year and a half and the last two days, when I'm in edit mode no matter on what page I'm in, it jumps to the filter's sustain (eg1) and making it's value 16-17. No matter what I do even if I'm turning the knob or use the buttons to adjust another value or do another thing on a different page, after 3sec max it jumps back to the filter eg page and does this thing. This happens only when i use it connected via midi straight to my mpk49 controller and not if i just open it to make a sound (keyboardless). Although I haven't tried to connect them through a DAW but I would like to solve this issue anyhow so that I could use it as a standalone instrument. Any ideas on what it might be or how to fix this, or any similar problems some might had with this or other synths might help
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have you been controlling it from your mpk? Does it coincide with your problem?
If not - what have you changed on your mpk?
It sounds like your mpk is sending the midi CC command for your sustain control ,like all the time. Try and think of something you may of set or changed recently (on your mpk).
Maybe your controller has just got a broken control recently. Try filtering any CCs from your mpk output or your MS2000 input so as to trouble shoot. If you can stop it this way then limit yourself to just note\pitchbend input.
crescendo2310

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, problem solved, and I feel stupid.
It was a knob from the controller which was maped there by default and it was moving for some reason . I guess something was touching it (a cable maybe) and it was to close to the speakers so something was carrying their vibration to the knob.
thanks for the respond
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: