Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaossilator 2s : Single or dual loop recording banks ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the Arp on KO1 overall seems better as lengths are longer. On ko2 they are shorter but you can set controls for swing and note length. Although the simplicity of ko1s arp feels better as there is no menu diving.

Yes the synth sounds on KO1 are more synthetic / electronic while KO2 has samples. I like the old school sound of the KO1 synths while the drums on KO2 are better.

The touch pads respond differently too and you may not like the way the (small) pad of ko2 works. There is a difference when using two fingers (moving between two values ) and also gently rolling the finger for small variations . I prefer ko1 touch pad.

Battery life may not be important for live/stage , but only two batteries for 'music on the go' (street) means poor battery life for KO2.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my test now i have problem to use the ko2s, I try a test for the didgeridoo ac.032 on ko2s, bpm 21,8, 8 beats and when i recording only 2 beats coming. 8 beatsnot working ! when i play the same on ko1, pbm 21.8 and A.22 (didgeridoo) 8 beats still here when i recording, not only 2 like the kao2s, that very strange.

2 halfs banks on ko1 can be good when you want a short song and 2 cute off not a probem. After my test havent this setting on 2s lol, After my quick test i prefere bass on ko1.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you have 20-40-60 yo the music style coming isnt the same,
may be need 3 different kaossilators

With the first for dance and trance, the second with minimal house funk rock for middle style, and the third with classical symphony instruments with much soft sounds, then after everybody happy !
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes the synth sounds on KO1 are more synthetic / electronic while KO2 has samples"

I think difference quality sounds between 1 and 2s is coming because isnt same file quality, i think the ko1 have a 16 bit 44,1kh and the ko2 have a 24 bit 48kh records files, me i prefere use the 44.1. but in over all 24 bits are better, but need use a 96kh for high power, but for internet 128k easy Stream not sure that a good way.
mesoboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning the arps on the KO2/KO2S - you can adjust the gate length.
For the tempo / number of bars problem: as you slow the tempo down the number of beats you can record drops as well. I'm not sure exactly what the various cutoff points are, but I think the 2 bar (8 beat limit) is at around 82 bpm.
As El Spheric says, there is no menu diving on the KO1 and the 4 bar trick is nice (particularly the 'stutter' recording you can do if you adjust the number of beats whilst recording), but you get the ability to save wavs (individually on the KO2S) and a master recorder on the KO2.
Horses for courses, I guess.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh - It can be nice to have both, if you can score a 2nd cheap one.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic here. The Kaoss Pad mini2 is brilliant. the FX are well improved.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 2s you canot make good sound without ableton and computer. Wiith the 2 you can make good sound without ableton and computer. But the 2 you canot buy because he are not longer available, which 1 you prefere ? the out of sold or the 2s working with a computer ?

I seen only 2 cymbals (high level) alone on ko1 drum kit and about 21 cymbals on ko2 lol have much cymbal than effects or music instruments ! for people who love play jazz ?
Nick_525

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you at work to after buy a computer and try use your ko2s ?
Nick_525

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i understand the bar record between ko1 ad 2s, with the 2s without the correct real beats bar, i need translate beats countdown in my head:2 bars for 8(4x2).Inside the k01 beats bar are still 1 to 8 (1x8) 1 bar are 1 beat inside the ko1 i dont need a countdown, 2 bar 2 beats. 1 bar are sometime 4 beats inside the ko2s (2 bar for 8 beats, or 1 bar to 4 beats)
Nick_525

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who know the difference between the kaoss pad 2 and kaoss pad 2s when it work with a ko2 or a ko2s ?

I think at this time to play anywhere anytime have only the easy pocket size kaossilator to compose and able to do it easy . For studio i think that much better to use a old roland 505, 20 year old, than a korg kaoss pro with this pro pad3 effect, 10 year old. you can find them all easy at same price at second hand store user, But to find a ko2 isnt easy evrywhere !
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting. I haven't tried the KO2s but thought it may be better than ko2 when I read a review a while ago. Hadn't realised they have removed the duo bank business.
I don't want to be tied to a computer no.

Did you ask about kaoss pad mini 2 verses kpmini 2s ?
The 2 has an mp3 button for importing mp3s from a comp to play through the effects. The 2s has a sampler button instead which (i think but not used) allows live sampling then effecting. They both also have master recorders ,aswell, but this playback can't be effected.
I'm guessing not a lot of difference as I believe the effects are exactly the same.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That exactly same to me ! i thought k02s was better than k02 with something much not somehing less or i would not buy on the store. Where i have buy the ko2s a big title say at first: dual loop recording bank..., that why i have buy it. Me i wanna buy a ko2 for live event not for funny play and record with 2 friends behind a computer.

I need information may be 1 day i goin find a ko2 second hands then after practice, when i play realy good in event ko2 alone i can add and buy the kaoss pad2, but need practice and find free space to use it i havent 4 hands and 2 brains. But i dont want buy a kaoss pad for a dj use, to compose for live first yea.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love kaosspads .
I have 2 kp3s and 2kpmini originals (so 4 ) and I use them all together at once ,with other gear . I am a DJ so I like it like that.
I also have a kpmini 2 aswell ,which I use with synths and I love it.
I feel there's room for everyone to have a kpmini 2 as they are easy to swipe ,especially if you already use kaoscillator .
I think there's not much difference between kpmini2 & mini2s apart from that mp3 to sampler button change. Yes the mini 2s would be slightly better for that. Other than that they are exactly the same.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have find a second hand ko2 with 2 loop banks, but he have a "fix" save control to be able delete next overdub without delete first fix ? (same than ko1 ?)

If k02 havent fix save i have try to play with ko1 and ko2 togheter and try a twice jack plug into my computer line in. If ko2 havent fix, the second bank have same use play than the ko1 without a second bank and only with a fix tool, It seem the lonely difference beetween the ko1 and ko2 bank(s) are the fader and the first bank ko2 who able to delete without cut off. But ko1 are same to play, but have a cut off on delete and cut off on save bank 1. The lonely difference on the ko2 are no cut off. if that true, the 2 isnt a Wonder kaossilator évolution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: