Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Buzz Noise on electribe esx1...need help to fix it...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketumatek

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Big Buzz Noise on electribe esx1...need help to fix it... Reply with quote

Hy everybody...hope someone can help me...i just take my electribe after 7 years ...she was in a computar case in my home...and before work very well
my problem is

1 have a big noise like a buzzzzz going on the phone and all the out put...
2 if i turn the volune up or down nothing change big noise buzz...
and no sound of sample on phone and main output
3 only have a little sound of my sample on the 3/4 output...

does someone know where it comes from????

is it a pb from the tube ?
is it a pb from the ac/dc ?
or something helse...

so i need help...
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a guess, but it sounds like there's a short causing power to bleed into the audio path somewhere. If you haven't tried this already, go and purchase some parchment paper (it's like waxed paper, in the baking section of most supermarkets...don't buy waxed paper though!), open the unit by removing the hex bolts from the faceplate, remove the screws holding the top panel in, and you'll be able to open it up AWAY FROM YOU (rotated above and over the back of the unit) so that you don't need to disconnect the ribbon cable. Once you've done this, you can put several slices of parchment paper between the PCBs (the circuit boards) and close it all back up. The idea is to put this between the PCBs so that they don't touch each other and short out.

I don't know if this will fix the problem--in fact it doesn't look like the same symptoms--but it's a good first step to eliminate the potential for a lot of electrical problems the X-electribes tend to have. Otherwise something deeper may be going on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: