Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metronome in program mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Metronome in program mode Reply with quote

Is it able to use metronom function in program mode? I read manaul, but i couldn't find anything about it. I know that drum track is available, but I am wondering if I can use metronome as well.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you are right. Drum track is your work around in Program/Combi mode.

Of course, SEQ mode has a metronome. FYI, I mostly work in SEQ mode.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see metronome either.
Drum track can be used as a metronome but then it won't be available for regular drum track work. If you have a drum track keeping time with any pattern, it is essentially keeping time just like a metronome except in a more interesting and dynamic way than just a metronome click.
Drum track can be bussed to a different output if you want it separated from the rest of your sound going out.
You can customize a drum kit with metronome type samples and then customize a midi track that just plays a standard metronome click pattern and convert that midi track to a user Drum track pattern and name it metronome. Also name the custom kit "metronome". And always have a way from there on, to use drum track as a classic metronome.

Not sure if there is a way in Program mode to set one OSC to respond to Karma and the other/s to not respond to Karma. That way one OSC is your sound to play and the other has metronome samples that can be driven by Karma.
OSC separation can be done in Combi mode by settings under Timbre parameter OSC tab page. Same program can be duplicated into 2 timbres and one timbre be set to OSC 1 while the other to OSC 2 and then choose which timbre will be driven by Karma ,where you then have 4 karma modules to work with instead of the one in program mode. And you still have drum track option in Combi mode.

So when all this is considered, you are best to be in Song mode. It's not like there aren't heaps of song slots to use. Song mode has all the Combi options and then more to add.
You will Have in sequencer, pattern RPPR to use to convert custom patterns to drum track patterns, you will have Karma and you wil have also exactly a dedicated Metronome function made just for the sequencer.

It just is so much easier to be in sequencer mode for this. Unless there is a metronome function hiding somewhere in Program mode. ?
Drama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys! I will try what you suggested!
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use sampling/record button to trigger metronome i.e count-in.
you just dont hit the start/stop to start the recording., so its always in wait state.
set the trigger to sampling start witch in audio/sampling menu of the program
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: