Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karma problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicbysterling

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Karma problems Reply with quote

I'm having a very strange problem that appears to be Karma related.
I am not using Karma for any of my Combinations, but it seems that at random times when I call up a Combination, track 16 is triggered when I play. I figured out how to correct that by entering the Karma MIDI i/o page and changing the MIDI channel to 1 instead of 16. I then save the Combination again. HOWEVER, when I cal up other Combinations I'll experience this random anomaly where track 16 plays. I again go through the process of entering Karma and changing the output MIDI channel from 1 to 16 and save it. I am baffled on why this is happening in such a random way. Can anybody assist me in figuring out why this is happening?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Karma problems Reply with quote

musicbysterling wrote:
I'm having a very strange problem that appears to be Karma related.
I am not using Karma for any of my Combinations, but it seems that at random times when I call up a Combination, track 16 is triggered when I play. I figured out how to correct that by entering the Karma MIDI i/o page and changing the MIDI channel to 1 instead of 16. I then save the Combination again. HOWEVER, when I cal up other Combinations I'll experience this random anomaly where track 16 plays. I again go through the process of entering Karma and changing the output MIDI channel from 1 to 16 and save it. I am baffled on why this is happening in such a random way. Can anybody assist me in figuring out why this is happening?

thats the same exact 'workaround " I do when I copy a Program into the SEQ for a Song.

I am not 'ticking ' the check box for Karma, either. But the Karma and latch light still ticks on occasionally. When you don't want that, its annoying.

I think there must be going on on the Program level, or certain Programs where Karma starts up . So my theory, is that it has to be fixed at the Program level.

I keep my Programs factory fresh, too. If I want to edit a Program, I copy it to a new location and save it as a new ( custom ) Program.

So whenever I copy a Program(into SEQ), its the factory original.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your Global midi channel by chance set to channel 16?
That will make your Karma module input at Gch be the same as the output at 16 and then any timbre set to Gch will be triggered/driven by Karma module set to output on 16.

Or maybe the problem is that your combi timbre 16 is set to midi channel 16 rather than Gch in timbre parameter settings, assuming Gch is not set to 16 in global mode. ?

Setting Gch to 1 and then spliting channels 2 through 5 between the four karma modules is standard on my factory combi sets that involve karma.
That way, output channels from Karma will not be the same as Gch and Gch will be the input for karma modules. Of course all this changes when you involve external devices other than Karma or go to sequencer mode. You seem to be in a strictly Combi + internal situation though.
Why ch16 is even set as a karma module output is strange to me.

I can not say that the correction you made is wrong or any better, as channel settings are arbitrary based on your setup intentions. But some ways are more efficient and easier to follow for the most basic internal setups, such as having karma module outputs use channels 2-5 and Gch set to 01. Only external devices introduced to Combi mode could require different channels in the mix.

Whatever route you go, seems you will still have to go in and change one by one as you encounter the anomolies. Unless it is a problem related to your global midi channel having been switched to 16. Then a quick global reset can fix.
I once played around with global settings and lost track of what i did and could not figure what i did to disrupt my original setup. I simple did a load of global settings from my disk mode back up and all was back to normal.

Maybe the first thing to do is to go to your backup PCG and load it to see if you have the issue remain. Maybe even load the factory PCG to see if similar odd combis are there.
musicbysterling

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have much time to look further into this issue, but I did check the Global MIDI channel and it is set to 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: