Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats the competition for Native instruments Komplete?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Whats the competition for Native instruments Komplete? Reply with quote

Lets see there is :

Ik Multimedia studio Max with Sampletank 3, Amplitube and the new syntronik
Spectrasonics with Omnisphere 2 loaded with trillan and Keyscape
There is the arturia V-collection
There is Steinberg absolute collection with Halion 6
There is UVI falcon with a huge amount of expansions

Quite some stiff competition i would say...

Yet it seems everyone and their grandma's starting out with NI komplete (ultimate) as the base of their software setup... and while its very versatile, i was asking myself, is it that much better then the rest?
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the competition for Native instruments Komplete? Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Lets see there is :

Ik Multimedia studio Max with Sampletank 3, Amplitube and the new syntronik
Spectrasonics with Omnisphere 2 loaded with trillan and Keyscape
There is the arturia V-collection
There is Steinberg absolute collection with Halion 6
There is UVI falcon with a huge amount of expansions

Quite some stiff competition i would say...

Yet it seems everyone and their grandma's starting out with NI komplete (ultimate) as the base of their software setup... and while its very versatile, i was asking myself, is it that much better then the rest?

Quite true, for me I already have Maschine and although I complain about it sometimes and even set it aside for awhile I loved its sound and do like Maschine so it was natural to go to K11u with the sale. I think this is true for a fair few people who started with Maschine, the upgrade sale price is very tempting considering how much you get in the regular version of Komplete or in the Komplete Ultimate version. Honestly, I was going for Omnisphere first but the sale sucked me right in. And Komplete has great sounds as well as the others mentioned.
jeftones

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i first started making music with a daw years ago the first set of soft synths i had were NI at the time. Absynth, Massive, Reaktor, and FM8 were my good friends. I dont remember there being any real competition soundwise from other soft synths except maybe omnisphere. Pretty much stayed in that lane since then.

additionally, the ohmforce bundle is a set that is quite good but underappreciated.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it came down to fantastic sounds and great value for money, plus I got a S61 keyboard that fully integrates with the entire package. Who else offers that?

Same goes for the vast amount of third party libraries available. All powered by Kontakt and lots to choose from. It's all good, really good.

Regards
Sharp.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say about competition and any serious digital studio professional or home will be incomplete without Spectrasonics and Native instrument Products.

I use StylusRMX quite a bit and of course omnisphere, Can't work without Kontakt on the other end and even battery at times.
This is just instruments I am talking about.
FX side of things, there is a lot more stiff competition.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komplete Ultimate-K61-Maschine = super fast workflow using top notch libraries...The only VI I'm willing to break the workflow for is Spectrasonics VI's....Everything else isn't worth the hassle...moon
DAW - Protools 9 - HD3 Accel
Plugs - All Spectrasonics,Steve Slate Drums 4.0,Slate Trigger,NI Komplete 9 Ultimate,Korg Legacy,Melodyne 3,Evo Autotune,HD3 Pack,Liquid Mix, Eleven, Ample Sound Guitars
Mics - Audio Technica 4033sm, Apogee mic, several Shure SM-57s, 2- Beta 52, 2- AT 3031, 2- Samson CO2
Other - V-Drums, DW Drums, Zildjian A Customs, Muse Research Qu4ttro, Open Labs Miko Timbaland Edition
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The value of Komplete is in more than it being a collection of sounds. If that was all it was I'd probably pick OmniSphere first. It's that it's a huge well rounded collection of various types of synthesizers, fx and expandable utility programs. I could use most sounds from OmniSphere and still find a use for Kontakt (universal open sampler), Battery (drag and drop drum sampler), Reaktor (modular... Anything really), The Finger (midi driven fx processor), Driver (filter and saturation processor) and a whole bunch of others. You can buy most fx separately of course and there's many I prefer to the Komplete offerings. It's just a pretty well rounded collection that is useful in many more ways than being a sound module.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: