Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! I accidently erased the Korg Krome Internal SD card
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicbygordongeorge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Help! I accidently erased the Korg Krome Internal SD card Reply with quote

I bought I new SD card with a higher speed, and instead of formating that card, I accidentally formatted the original internal SD card. Does anyone have the image file that I can copy? There was a previous post that had a link in dropbox, but when I downloaded it and loaded it into the Krome, it just made a lot of static sounds. Please help. Thanks.
stale

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the link to the image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lll0iq6fo84gw4/Image.imgc?dl=0

You need to use a program called HDD Raw Copy Tool to place that image on the card. If you search for that program online. You will find a free download. There should be a link in the Sound Problem thread to that program. Just dropping it on the SD Card will not install it properly.
musicbygordongeorge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the dropbox imgc file. I installed a HDD Raw Copy Tool, but it can't seem to open the dropbox file.
musicbygordongeorge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you. Your advice worked. For some reason, at first, I couldn't get the HDD Raw Copy; however, I kept working with it and finally got it to load the data and now the Krome works perfectly. I can't thank you enough. I didn't get much sleep last night worrying about it, but you are a lifesaver.
musicbygordongeorge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Original Korg Piano Sound Improved Reply with quote

Since I purchased the Krome a few years ago, I felt that the Korg Krome Grand Piano Program A000 sounded awful, weak, and lifeless. I worked with other piano sounds on the Krome until I created a piano sound I liked, but it always bothered me that, while many people on the forum liked the piano sound, there was something wrong on my Krome.

I decided to change the SD internal microdisk from a 4gb class 10 to a Sandisk 8gb class 10 with a speed of about 70 mbs. I initialized the Krome (press page & exit together + power on). I then went to the global main page, then menu pull down, then selected Load Preload/Demo data. After I did this, it was like the skies opened up and the Grand Piano A000 program sounded beautiful.

I have to add that there are several procedures you have to go through to load the image file to the new microdisk, and the instructions for that can be found on the "Korg Sound Problem thread" found on the first page of the Korg Krome forum. I truly believe that the 8gb with the faster speed of the microdisk made all the difference in the world.
stale

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just replaced my card again. After 2 years I noticed some of the issues I was seeing before starting to come back periodically. I opened it up and put another card in and it is working great again. I read that the cards are being corrupted by the Circuit board with the Micro SD Card Reader. It is too bad Korg is not doing right by this. I have paid a lot of money over the last 20 years buying their equipment. I have purchased over 10 Keyboards (new). If the circuit board is truly the problem, they need to do right by their consumers and replace that board through a recall.

I was hoping the replacement card was a permanent solution, but be aware that it can come back. Fortunately it is such a simple repair. It is a shame that I have to do it. My other keyboards never had such a poor quality control issues.
musicbygordongeorge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had problems with the Korg except that the Korg Grand Piano sounded awful until I installed a faster micro disk. Did you buy the Krome when it first came out? I would guess the Korg addressed the problems found in the forums as they manufactured more over time without helping those who bought the models that were manufactured earlier.
stale

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my 88 in 2014. Problem started a year later. I would hope they addressed it. I just wish they would take care of the rest of us.
musicbygordongeorge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine in 2015 so I am guessing that they figured they had a problem with the motherboard and manufactured better ones. Also, sometimes companies manufacture components from different countries or different factories so quality is not always the same. In any case, you're right that Korg should have had a recall for those customers who received defective keyboards, but they never seem to. I seem to remember reading on another thread that some customers found they had class 4 internal micro disks when the micro disks should have been class 10. When I changed my micro disk, it was class 10 already, but a no name brand and 4gb so I guess Korg might have read the threads and upgraded the micro disks. When I changed mine to a Sandisk 8gb class 10 70mbs, it made the pianos sound much better on the Krome.
Triton147

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Internal SD card file Reply with quote

Hi every link I've tried doesn't appear to work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get a copy of the file apart from paying Korg £42 for the pleasure of course ?
Thanks
musicbygordongeorge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the link to the image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lll0iq6fo84gw4/Image.imgc?dl=0
musicbygordongeorge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed that the link doesn't work anymore. That was where I got it in the past. I would suggest you email Korg directly and ask them to email you the image file.
Triton147

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Image file Reply with quote

Hi
I did ask them to email me the image file but they won't. They will only sell me it preinstalled on a SD card for £42. Bit disappointing really
musicbygordongeorge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is unfortunate. It's too bad Korg is not standing by their products because it seems a lot of people on the forum have been compaining about problems with the Krome.

On the other hand, I wonder if some of the problems may be caused by bad electrical circuits. I have a tester that I plug into outlets that tells me if the circuit is ok. On more than one occasion, I have found outlets where the hot and neutral wires were reversed. Fortunately, I was always able to find another safe outlet to plug into, but I was working with someone at a gig, and he plugged into one such bad circuit, and fried his mixer's wallwart. Since the Krome has a lot of circuitry, boards, and components, it's possible they are more susceptible to damage from bad circuits. I also ALWAYS use a surge protector with my equipment, and I mean a good quality surge protector, not the cheapo power strips. Having the tester and a good surge protector should be part of every musician's equipment.
davedutt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject: KORG KROME 88 Image File needed Reply with quote

The image file is not found as it's deleted. I accidently formatted my SD card. Can anyone please upload the image file for KROME 88. Appreciate a lot !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: