Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ToneAdjust

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: ToneAdjust Reply with quote

I would consider myself somewhat of a power user with the Kronos, even spent time in Karma. For some reason, I never played around with the Tone Adjust in a Combination. This is extremely powerful. Before, if I had a sound but it needed to have different ADSR parameters I would make changes and save the new one in another program slot. This eats up a lot of program slots!
Tone Adjust allows these changes to be made without actually changing the original program and is saved in each Combi. You can select what parameters can be changed using 8 pots, sixteen buttons and 9 sliders per program. (16)

Looking at the parameter options, I found the OCS1&2 hold. I use this for running tracks. If a hold is stored with the program in order to stop it early, you have to use a volume slider, change combi's, or hit the Compare button. That one will also stop other sounds you're playing so it's kinda drastic. With Tone Adjust, you can assign a button for the hold function. Simply press it and that sound will stop. Awesome!

With pads I like movement. Using Tone Adjust, I can add filter sweeps for example to certain sounds. With different timings, and using some delay start on certain programs, a very organic moving sound can be had basically using your typical pads and strings.

Check out Tone Adjust if you haven't so far, it adds a very big layer of control.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tone Adjust is awesome. I often use it, when designing Karma-Lab sound sets, to completely change the character of a program so that it sounds like a new program - all without having to actually supply a new program with the sound set (which would be difficult, since our sound sets are combis that rely on the factory programs). But with tone adjust, I can morph a program into a different one all without actually creating a new program. Highly recommend people check it out, if you haven't already.

laandodeman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: ToneAdjust Reply with quote

geoelectro wrote:

Check out Tone Adjust if you haven't so far, it adds a very big layer of control.

Geo

Do you know of a Tone Adjust tutorial "for dummies"?
holdsg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^=== this
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
Tone Adjust is awesome. I often use it, when designing Karma-Lab sound sets, to completely change the character of a program so that it sounds like a new program - all without having to actually supply a new program with the sound set (which would be difficult, since our sound sets are combis that rely on the factory programs). But with tone adjust, I can morph a program into a different one all without actually creating a new program. Highly recommend people check it out, if you haven't already.

As I delved into this I felt like I had gotten a new keyboard!

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tone Adjust with Mod-7 Engine is One of my favorite tone shaping technique.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: