Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 2 88 Questions about purchasing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schmooster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Schmooster wrote:
Who's fighting? He started off by declaring he's buying it this month - not 'thinking about it'.

Dry your eyes Greg. 64? So what? Age is relevant to what in this? You're all so namby pamby let's cuddle each other and be pals - no, let's have some honest in your face bloody balls for a change!! You're like a bunch of women talking about cake!

Thank you for the lecture ! See you on the next topic

Wink

I very much doubt that with your post count. You pop up everywhere like the authority on everything. There's nobody can keep up with you on that score - I do hope you don't get arthritis!
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schmooster wrote:
Who's fighting? He started off by declaring he's buying it this month - not 'thinking about it'.

Dry your eyes Greg. 64? So what? Age is relevant to what in this? You're all so namby pamby let's cuddle each other and be pals - no, let's have some honest in your face bloody balls for a change!! You're like a bunch of women talking about cake!

And Benny - you can tell from the o/p he has trouble with English? If that's not a personal insult I've no idea what is - it's perfect English and it reads how it reads! His response is in better English than most English members here!!
Stop back-tracking. "Have a wonderful day" like you give 2 schitts what kinda day he has lol.

Yawn!
G

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone somewhat in the same boat - sure glad I didn't ask the question! lol

Does anyone know when Korg announces new products?

I know some manufacturers announce at NAMM, some announce at Musikmesse, etc.
mikeyd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least no one called someone snarky! HAHAHAHA

For the O/P. Good luck on whatever you decide. I don't blame you at all for putting your feelers out there for some information since it's such an important and expensive purchase. I think Benny and Greg gave you great info. They always do.

That being said, when you do make your purchase if a KRONOS we'll be here for you. 🎹🎶🎹
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're unsure and don't want to spend top dollar, a Kronos 1 updated to the same OS and upgraded to extra RAM will do the same thing. A Kronos X would actually be functionally identical in spec as the K2. I've had an original Kronos from 2012 and I didn't feel the need to upgrade to the next model as Korg has been releasing OS updates that keep the machine's functionality current. I would encourage you to get the current model K2, in case a K3 does come out, I'm confident that Korg will keep it current as far as functionality goes.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
As someone somewhat in the same boat - sure glad I didn't ask the question! lol

Does anyone know when Korg announces new products?

I know some manufacturers announce at NAMM, some announce at Musikmesse, etc.

Korg announces new products at any time. Often, a month or 2 in advance of NAMM, so they have something to show.

Korg has hundreds of new products, numerous choices for keyboard musicians. Their catalog has grown and gotten more impressive, IMO

They did a teaser on the original Kronos in 2011. The marketing blitz said it was a 'game changer'

They were right.
G

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about a Kronos G?

Korg seemed to "tease" about in a year and a half ago on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/kronos.korg
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

Gold colored ( limited edition) Kronos 2
G

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
G wrote:

Gold colored ( limited edition) Kronos 2

Ah...
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be helpful to keep in mind that for all intents and purposes, all models of the Kronos are the same. The original/X/2/LS and limited edition may have different motherboards, but the performance is essentially the same on all instruments. The differences are cosmetic (color, body style) or amount of RAM and SSD size. Given Korg's commitment to the Kronos platform, it seems unlikely that a Kronos with substantially different specs.

If a new W/S is coming, I would think it would be a completely different instrument. I would be surprised to see anything like that before winter NAMM next year.
billysynth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given we're halfway through the year, and that the Kronos was first released in 2011 making the unit a grand 7 years old, I personally would wait till Jan 2018 at least to see if they release a Kronos Pro...well that's what I'm calling it with no apologies to Apple and Microsoft Cool

Come on Korg, what the hell are you doing taking so long with the next Generation Power House Work Station...put an i9 Intel 10 to 18 Core processor in it and lets get going. WAKE UP!!!

I must agree with Kevin...Korg, this is you...ZZZZZZZ. Complacency, you think you're better than Roland and Yamaha so it's ok to go to sleep?

Seven Years....come on man! How much longer do I have to put up with polyphony stealing in Combi mode?

Why can't you be like Apple and Microsoft, and intel, and AMD, and have a tri
yearly announcement of your latest beast

DO NOT DISTURB....KORG ZZZZZZZZZ

Billy
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth wrote:
Why can't you be like Apple and Microsoft, and intel, and AMD, and have a tri yearly announcement of your latest beast

I'll go out on a limb and guess that it's because Apple sells 10 times more iPhones in the first week of release than Korg has likely sold of the Kronos ever. Music workstations are a relatively small, niche market. Korg has been steadily working to upgrade the Kronos OS. I don't think it's fair to accuse them of sleeping.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
billysynth wrote:
Why can't you be like Apple and Microsoft, and intel, and AMD, and have a tri yearly announcement of your latest beast

I'll go out on a limb and guess that it's because Apple sells 10 times more iPhones in the first week of release than Korg has likely sold of the Kronos ever. Music workstations are a relatively small, niche market. Korg has been steadily working to upgrade the Kronos OS. I don't think it's fair to accuse them of sleeping.

I sort of see it both ways. Of course, its better to express possible frustration in another way.

Personally, if I was President of Korg , I would have made a strong effort to have a New Generation W/s in place by last January or January 2017.

I consider that aggressive product marketing. firing up the marketplace with exciting tech and tremendous exciting Programs, etc , as only Korg has that know how and can do.

If they pulled the trigger as I hoped, everyone would be talking about it , and speculating. creating excitement is contagious.

But no.

The K2 is a nice board. Its selling well. Its attractive, even with the dated tech. Selling the K2 reminds me of printing money. Its sure fire profit, which every medium sized corp needs.

Electronics cos are conservatively run. Following that mantra, I can see why we have the K2 this year.

I belong to the school of Think Big or Go Home. But I am not the President of Korg. But if I was...
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
The K2 is a nice board. Its selling well. Its attractive, even with the dated tech. Selling the K2 reminds me of printing money. Its sure fire profit, which every medium sized corp needs.

Electronics cos are conservatively run. Following that mantra, I can see why we have the K2 this year.

I belong to the school of Think Big or Go Home. But I am not the President of Korg. But if I was...

I don't disagree - nor am I defending or criticizing Korg. Just speculating on what their reasoning might be. I'm not sure in the current reality of the music business we can have it both ways. If we got new hardware more regularly, I doubt we would have all OS updates that they gave us. R/D cost money and resources. From a business standpoint, it seems pretty wise to get as much from one platform as you can.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
danmusician wrote:
billysynth wrote:

I sort of see it both ways. Of course, its better to express possible frustration in another way.

Personally, if I was President of Korg , I would have made a strong effort to have a New Generation W/s in place by last January or January 2017.

I consider that aggressive product marketing. firing up the marketplace with exciting tech and tremendous exciting Programs, etc , as only Korg has that know how and can do.

If they pulled the trigger as I hoped, everyone would be talking about it , and speculating. creating excitement is contagious.

But no.

Why would they invest hugely in a new Workstation if they are still market leading with their current one?

And when you look closely at the market, the money is not in the high end part... Its the smaller instruments that makes Korg the money, like monologue, APR Odyssey but also the Volca series and the the gadget..

And Roland is walking the same path.. they havent released a high end workstation in almost a decade... same goes for Yamaha as the last real upgrade they made to a workstation was the Motif XS..

And Kurzweil? PC3 series... they went towards stage piano's after that..

Maybe developing a new workstation is just to expensive? altough Korg could make me happy by adding lots of smaller engines like the gadgets to the next workstation... including a new ipad like touchscreen interface (gadget works pretty well).. all things just reusing what they allready have created.. and some hardware updates (64 bit, core i7, 32GB)

But ask yourself, what innovations would set the next workstation truely above the Kronos?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: