Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A problem has been detected
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:13 am    Post subject: Kronos Has Detected An Error Reply with quote

Always surprised no one from Kronos has jumped in to comment on this one.
I have a 73 and a 61.
This error occurred today on the 61 and it went to a black screen twice.
It’s not particularly hot or cold and Kronos hasn’t moved for weeks.
Now it’s been ok for an hour…..

www.losendos.co.uk
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it's been years since I saw a guy like Dan from Korg participate in discussions on the Kronos forum. We sometimes see Korg guys answer on more recent products/forums, but we can suppose that they are not interested anymore in supplying technical help for products like the Kronos.

On the other hand, there are plenty of discussions about this well-known problem, so with a search you could get more info in case you tried the tricks mentioned here previously and still experience the problem.
wocongming

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: A problem has been detected Reply with quote

lukas.vidrna@seznam.cz wrote:
Hello, I have problem with my Kronos X73.
4 months ago I had a problem: When I was starting up Kronos, on the display I saw: "A problem has been detected. Please turn the Kronos off, wait for a 10 sec, and then turn it back on." Then I had a problem with starting of Kronos- maybe 1 out of 5 attempts led to succesfull starting Kronos.

I had an old OS 2.0 and after advice of Service a new was installed (OS 3.1.2.). After this reinstalling OS a problem was solved. But only for a short time. The last weekend during the concerts - Kronos was turned off itself and I saw a notice: A problem has been detected. Please turn the Kronos off, wait for a 10 sec, and then turn it back on" again. It was during a concert, it was very complicated for me...

Please, can you give me an advice?

ok, heres the solution. its happened to me before and i used to get a feedback signal along with it. heres what fixed it.
update to latest 3.1.4 i think it is. that fixed it. but if you cant update, i found that it had a lot to do with the power cable i was using. CHANGE IT. this will probably help. hope this helps you
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions but it is not firmware or connected gear.

I should have recalled my electronics training - 80% of all electronics problems are connection related.

I took the Kronos cover off and reseated the memory and the problem has gone away.
Its a poor design where the memory boards aren't clipped in to a keyboard that is likely to be turned upside down from time to time when gigging.

www.losendos.co.uk
Xenophile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh. Mine just started throwing the "problems has been detected" message again.
A couple months ago I was getting the "power cycled too quickly" message which turned out to be due to the rear-panel LED board coming loose and flopping around causing short circuits. I re-seated the memory sticks and other connections when I had it open to fix that, and all seemed to be well. Until now.

Time to get the screwdriver out again. It seems my old MacBook Pro / Mainstage rig was more reliable than Kronos.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I “fixed” it again. I opened it up and re-seated the memory stick, and started poking around, wiggling connectors here and there… looking for something loose. I found a little screw rattling around! It was just sitting on the circuit board that holds all the 1/4 inch input/output jacks.

I searched around on all the circuit boards, looking for one missing a mounting screw, and couldn’t find any. So I shrugged my shoulders, set the mystery screw aside and put Kronos back together. I sat down and played for about an hour and a half… Beating it pretty good. No failure. It had been failing every few minutes for the past couple days.

It just occurred to me where that screw came from. It must have been holding in that stupid little circuit board that shines the LED through the hole in the back panel. The circuit board that was flopping around causing problems last fall. I guess it wasn’t glued in after all… but held in with a tiny screw the fell out. Well screw that. The gimmicky little light show will be removed the next time I have to open this thing up. Which might not be long, because I’m thinking of putting in a bigger SSD with lots of room for audio files of songs that we’re learning, backing tracks and other random audio shenanigans.

wildebeest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The back has been off 3 times now in 10 days for RAM reset. I get a day or more without the black screen but this clearly isn't sustainable. Like 95% of you on here, I'm waiting for what comes next to properly replace the Kronos before spending any serious money. Thing is, although I just play in pub bands, it doesn't matter if it's a pub or Wembley stadium, you can't let the band and audience down should this happen Live. So I'm interested in your suggestions for a Plan 'B' when the black screen pays a visit. Again, like most of you, I'm sure, you have invested hundreds of hours in programming so.......
1. Buying a 2nd hand Yamaha or Roland instead isn't going to be compatible with all that programming so that's out.
2. Pub gigs means a 2nd Kronos isn't viable/reliable
3. ?
4. ?
I'm 3.1.3 btw but I understand .4 had barely anything in it?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a K2, make sure you have the latest subsystem firmware version, which needs to be 1.10. Follow the instructions carefully in the PDF.

Once it is done, update to the latest OS version 3.1.4.

See if it helps solve your problem.
wildebeest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - Its a Kronos X. I've regularly updated although I am one behind at 3.1.3. I'd always assumed that the Firmware update was just part of the release bundle. If that's not the case, I could be way behind with Firmware. I'm black-screening constantly now so will try anything and everything.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, indeed this firmware update might not apply to earlier models. Follow the instructions PDF that come with the upgrade kit and only go ahead if specified.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: