Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 2 88 Questions about purchasing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjh1764

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Kronos 2 88 Questions about purchasing Reply with quote

I'm going to buy a Kronos 2 this month. This device was released in 2015 as far as I know. Would you like to purchase Kronos 2? Or wait for the next generation device?
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question and we don't know of a new Kronos to be released at least for this year. The new LS 88 Kronos has no after touch and SW keys but same sounds as K2. I would say buy now who know what the future holds.
Schmooster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a Kronos you've no option but to buy the Kronos 2.
Either you're in the market for a workstation, or you aren't - if you are then you choose from what's available, not 'what might be available' at some point in the future - unless it's already been announced how do you know what it is you're actually waiting for? You've already said you're buying the Kronos 2 so I don't even understand why you're asking such a daft question??

Benny? "Good question"? Seriously? He's buying one regardless, but asking what would you do; buy one or wait for something nobody knows about yet? It doesn't change the fact he's made his mind up already - for a reason. It's a ridiculous question - but you obviously disagree so could you enlighten me as to why it's such a good question, given his mind is made up already?

I'm getting way too old for this level of madness.

Last edited by Schmooster on Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This made me laugh.... Very Happy

I preferred the unedited version...

Last edited by pedro5 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos 2 88 Questions about purchasing Reply with quote

jjh1764 wrote:
I'm going to buy a Kronos 2 this month. This device was released in 2015 as far as I know. Would you like to purchase Kronos 2? Or wait for the next generation device?

I think its a borderline call.

I can't tell what country you are in. Or what key size you are looking at.

What I am noticing here in the US is that new K2's , the 88's, seem to be priced at +$3300. I think these boards are in strong demand, which seems to be helping asking price for new.

Korg has never promised a ' next generation ' device. Conventional thinking suggests that Korg would follow up with something ' greater' esp given the fact that the Kronos ' tech ' is becoming dated.

I am not criticizing anything or anyone, FYI. I think the above is objective.

Whether or not to purchase today or not is equally subjective.

My wild guess is that there is 1 chance in 3 , that Korg will introduce a so called
' next generation ' device by Jan /2018.

I think the chances are somewhat stronger ( 60%) that Korg will do a K3
( slightly better tech) by Jan 2018. And you will pay a premium for that.

I have zero inside knowledge of Korg. Above 2 estimates are my guess work.

Also consider ' what is my alternative ' for creating the music I like over the next 7 months
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedro5 wrote:

you have so much fun ( almost as much as I do).

Its great that its still free Wink
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schmooster wrote:
If you want a Kronos you've no option but to buy the Kronos 2.
Either you're in the market for a workstation, or you aren't - if you are then you choose from what's available, not 'what might be available' at some point in the future - unless it's already been announced how do you know what it is you're actually waiting for? You've already said you're buying the Kronos 2 so I don't even understand why you're asking such a daft question??

Benny? "Good question"? Seriously? He's buying one regardless, but asking what would you do; buy one or wait for something nobody knows about yet? It doesn't change the fact he's made his mind up already - for a reason. It's a ridiculous question - but you obviously disagree so could you enlighten me as to why it's such a good question, given his mind is made up already?

Ok I think he is trying to ask should I buy the K2 or wait to see it there is a new Kronos being released soon. Maybe he doesn't speak English well or his understanding of English is limited. So as your comments please just stop the BS. I agree with you maybe you are getting old. I think your comments are rude and take a deep breath ok.

Cool

Last edited by benny ray on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schmooster wrote:
I

I am 64. How old are you ?

Its not ridiculous. Us humans don't always follow 1 line of logic or perfect reasonable thinking. We are flexible especially with changing circumstances.

The poster likes the K2. No doubt. But before he 'pulls the trigger' with his credit card, he is putting out a ' reality check ' on his potential purchase.

I think thats very wise. And that the way I read it.
jjh1764

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm .. sorry about my question being so strange. I am not very good at English, so I used a translator to ask questions. The point of my question was the question of whether it is a good choice to purchase the Kronos 2 at this point. It will be a very bad news for me if I announce the new Kronos within the year I bought it. Thanks for the answer. There has been a lot of help for me. But I do not want others to fight each other because of my scanty question. Have a good day
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjh1764 wrote:
Hmmm .. sorry about my question being so strange. I am not very good at English, so I used a translator to ask questions. The point of my question was the question of whether it is a good choice to purchase the Kronos 2 at this point. It will be a very bad news for me if I announce the new Kronos within the year I bought it. Thanks for the answer. There has been a lot of help for me. But I do not want others to fight each other because of my scanty question. Have a good day

I would not worry or be concerned about some the back/forth banter here.
That happens and its not a big deal.

I think you did receive quality info and you should focus on that .

Many have the same exact questions as you and money wisely spent is important to almost everyone
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree....the banter here is simply that.

The original question may be a valid concern,but there really isn't a good time to purchase anything that may have a possible (?) pending new model.
Go with what you feel is right for you.
Any of the Kronos versions remain to be a good choice.

Best Wishes.
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjh1764 wrote:

Thanks I could tell you had trouble understanding English and would never make fun of a question! I understood what you were trying to say so I hope some of the answers help. I agree with Greg that you just wanna make sure your money is well spent. Sorry if there was misunderstanding on your questions! Have a wonderful day!
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
pedro5 wrote:

you have so much fun ( almost as much as I do).

Its great that its still free Wink

It is one way to deal with some of the posts on here..... Wink
Schmooster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's fighting? He started off by declaring he's buying it this month - not 'thinking about it'.

Dry your eyes Greg. 64? So what? Age is relevant to what in this? You're all so namby pamby let's cuddle each other and be pals - no, let's have some honest in your face bloody balls for a change!! You're like a bunch of women talking about cake!

And Benny - you can tell from the o/p he has trouble with English? If that's not a personal insult I've no idea what is - it's perfect English and it reads how it reads! His response is in better English than most English members here!!
Stop back-tracking. "Have a wonderful day" like you give 2 schitts what kinda day he has lol.

Last edited by Schmooster on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schmooster wrote:
Who's fighting? He started off by declaring he's buying it this month - not 'thinking about it'.

Dry your eyes Greg. 64? So what? Age is relevant to what in this? You're all so namby pamby let's cuddle each other and be pals - no, let's have some honest in your face bloody balls for a change!! You're like a bunch of women talking about cake!

Thank you for the lecture ! See you on the next topic

Can't wait ! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: