Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question concerning program in sequencer mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marc1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Question concerning program in sequencer mode Reply with quote

Here's my problem:

I wanted to record a program in sequencer mode with all its ifx copied into sequencer mode, but just don't get the program to sound like in program mode.

To be more specific, I tried to copy the program D-043 Cool AutoWah Gtr into the sequencer with just the first two insert effects turned on. These effects are: 1. Wah - Amp Sim, 2. Guitar Amp Model +Cabinet. And in program mode everything sounds fine, but in sequencer mode the sound is different.
The setting is the same, obviously, but the wah effect repeats or loops too fast unlike in programm mode where you get a smooth and rather slow wah effect.
I tried different things and eventually copied all the effects parameter one by one, but nothing seems to work.
marc1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the wah-effect seems to be running twice as fast in sequencer mode as in program mode and I wonder why that is. Other than that, all settings (effect parameters, program) are the same. This is strange.
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the wah effect tied to the master clock? If it is, perhaps it could be set to free run instead since the clock for the sequencer will likely be different than the program.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
marc1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right. I changed the tempo from 120 bpm to 60 bpm and the wah effect slowed down considerably. Now I probably won't even have to change this, since the song I'm recording is rather slow. But it didn't even occur to me that the effect could be tied to the tempo of the sequencer or program. Sometimes things can be so easy. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: