Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K2 88 for church: Best Deals?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeyL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: K2 88 for church: Best Deals? Reply with quote

My church wants to buy their first keyboard. Anybody know of any great deals in the US. It must be new and a Kronos2 88. thanks
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Brand new gear and customer support such as with returns and warranty issues, it is hard to beat any of the main dealers like Guitar Centre with guaranties such as meeting or beating any price you show them from another dealer offering it cheaper.
Kraftmusic.com and Sweetwater.com are also major dealers with best prices on new items with full factory warranty. Musician's friend is another online dealer to check out.

They may not have the best price absolutely, but why i rather go to guitar center is that they have a store location in every major city, match prices with other major dealers nation wide, and are available for exchanges within a certain period if the item is not all together, like broken during shipment or needing warranty work.
$3699 is still what i see on their web sites but they bundle in Cheap accesories if you ask about bundle deals. The cheap sustain pedals i got bundled in, were useful but a misdirection from what Kronos really had in it if i had the right pedal to tap into it. Shallow sustain and short life span from the cheap pedals. Will be buying better pedals when i get back to my Kronos.

I read comments before about Kronos 2 prices showing lower than $3000 but not sure the details of the Kronos being sold. Used? Demo model? Slight scratch and stains?
Like i said, i like places that have a physical location, competitive pricing and liberal return policy. So Guitar center it is for me on big important pieces like an 88 key digital keyboard or workstations. I got a Yamaha digital piano there once at a discount and it came out of the box with more than an octave of keys flopping out of place. Took it back the next day after fixing what keys i could and got full exchange value for it towards whatever replacement i wanted. So i stopped fooling around and got Kronos 2.
I could have found cheaper else where but not a better deal in terms of all factors involved in a deal.
It is a gamble to find that rare one time deal of a hardly used perfect condition Kronos that is being sold off for cheap because the owner had a major turn in life.
with the way churches are, anything is possible Shocked

Last edited by 19naia on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
4GodnWV

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine through "Sweetwater Sound" - emailed founder and CEO Chuck Surack personally and he helped our church get a great package and a great deal. Really wonderful people. Highly recommend them.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
For Brand new gear and customer support such as with returns and warranty issues, it is hard to beat any of the main dealers like Guitar Centre with guaranties such as meeting or beating any price you show them from another dealer offering it cheaper.
Kraftmusic.com and Sweetwater.com are also major dealers with best prices on new items with full factory warranty. Musician's friend is another online dealer to check out.

They may not have the best price absolutely, but why i rather go to guitar center is that they have a store location in every major city, match prices with other major dealers nation wide, and are available for exchanges within a certain period if the item is not all together, like broken during shipment or needing warranty work.
$3699 is still what i see on their web sites but they bundle in Cheap accesories if you ask about bundle deals. The cheap sustain pedals i got bundled in, were useful but a misdirection from what Kronos really had in it if i had the right pedal to tap into it. Shallow sustain and short life span from the cheap pedals. Will be buying better pedals when i get back to my Kronos.

I read comments before about Kronos 2 prices showing lower than $3000 but not sure the details of the Kronos being sold. Used? Demo model? Slight scratch and stains?
Like i said, i like places that have a physical location, competitive pricing and liberal return policy. So Guitar center it is for me on big important pieces like an 88 key digital keyboard or workstations. I got a Yamaha digital piano there once at a discount and it came out of the box with more than an octave of keys flopping out of place. Took it back the next day after fixing what keys i could and got full exchange value for it towards whatever replacement i wanted. So i stopped fooling around and got Kronos 2.
I could have found cheaper else where but not a better deal in terms of all factors involved in a deal.
It is a gamble to find that rare one time deal of a hardly used perfect condition Kronos that is being sold off for cheap because the owner had a major turn in life.
with the way churches are, anything is possible Shocked

I tend to agree. I think retailers are holding onto $3699 for factory sealed 88

GC is the place to time a purchase. They will occasionally have a 20-30% promo .
JoeyL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine from musicians friend for I think it was 3000 but that was nearly 6 years ago. I know pro audiostar has them for around that but it seems when its time to buy nobody has a sale going. I have bought a lot of stuff from sweetwater I guess I could call them. The nearest Guitar Center is 2.5 hours away. Thanks but I thought maybe someone knew of a sale going on somewhere.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GC its good and I have also gotten good deals from ZZounds and Sweetwater.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeyL wrote:
I got mine from musicians friend for I think it was 3000 but that was nearly 6 years ago. I know pro audiostar has them for around that but it seems when its time to buy nobody has a sale going. I have bought a lot of stuff from sweetwater I guess I could call them. The nearest Guitar Center is 2.5 hours away. Thanks but I thought maybe someone knew of a sale going on somewhere.

skip the GC stores. GC online is very good.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: K2 88 for church: Best Deals? Reply with quote

JoeyL wrote:
My church wants to buy their first keyboard. Anybody know of any great deals in the US. It must be new and a Kronos2 88. thanks

Give Frank at audioworks a call

http://www.audioworksct.com/

He probably has the best service and deals in the US.
You can order any keyboard with him.
Snoggin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a Kronos 2 88 brand new for $2600! I think the guy that made the offer got in trouble about it because he screwed up but they honored it.

Think I got pretty lucky
Not sure I should mention the dealer
G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoggin wrote:
I just got a Kronos 2 88 brand new for $2600! I think the guy that made the offer got in trouble about it because he screwed up but they honored it.

Think I got pretty lucky

30% off... nice find.
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoggin wrote:

Think I got pretty lucky

I purchased a Kronos X for $2600 and the person that gave me the deal made a mistake and the dealer was furious but honored the deal although the guy got into trouble for quoting the price too me. Not as lucky on my Kronos 2 88 though but got a good deal though. Pro Audiostar is hard to beat on prices.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoggin wrote:

Think I got pretty lucky

if thats factory sealed, you did great. Did the e-tailer pay for shipping ?
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Snoggin wrote:

Think I got pretty lucky

Probably Greg shipped with flowers!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benny ray wrote:
GregC wrote:
Snoggin wrote:

Think I got pretty lucky

Probably Greg shipped with flowers!

LOL

not with Jelly beans and snicker bars
Snoggin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes shipped to ca from ny

That's a clue lol. Pas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: