Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

roland analoge SE-02 & FA-07 announced
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: roland analoge SE-02 & FA-07 announced Reply with quote

roland analoge SE-02 & FA-07 announced

https://www.roland.com/global/products/se-02/
wma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FA-07 has a taller keys & semi-weighted, i think it's the same key-action as used with juno-stage & jupiter-50
wma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not the same .. Sad
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Roland are going Head-to-Head with Behringer's Model D.

I'll get one or the other, but for me, Roland have clinched it with the SE-02.
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah- I'm kind of intrigued with the SE-02 as well. Studio Electronics has always had an excellent reputation.

..Joe
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Videos re FA-07

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/06/20/roland-intros-fa-07-music-workstation/
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. And Korg just refuses to release a 73/76 semi weighted Kronos. COME ON !!!!!!
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE-02.

Ok, I guess. Still $500 for a monophonic voice. Not bad, given the controls and oscillator count, but for that money you could have a Blofeld and a hell of a lot more flexibility in addition to fuzzy sounds.

The FA-07 is ... between the FA-06 and the FA-08 in size. Same capabilities, as far as I can tell. Still not designed for full standalone operation so much as performance on one hand, and cuddling up to a software DAW on the other hand. Enough for plenty of people, but it should have had more. OK, the DSP isn't bad, but at this price range it's half a Fantom for more than a Krome. If the Krome had a decent sampling engine added, it would stomp a mudhole in the FA lineup. (And for those of us who often do nonvocal music, it pretty much already does.)

I'm kind of disappointed in Roland.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds incredibly like a monophonic Virus B.
wma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fa-07 & the rest of the series have added in ver.2 some features, seamless sound switching & midi control for ableton live

let's wait for korg .. it often comes up with good stuff
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually its kind of worrying for the workstation market..

Roland not upgrading their workstation but adding a new model with4 year old technollogy

Korg hasnt released a new workstation (kronos, krome, kross) in half a decade

Yamaha moved away from workstations with the Montage..

However in the end, what more do you need when you use a Kronos with VST's added? (Unless you want arranger capabilities, in which case like me you add a pa4x).. there is not much room left to wish for with the current Kronos, as it can handle almost any job you throw at it.
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo Roland...you're the first music manufacturing company to design synths and workstations with the intellectual disposition of a 3 year old.

The planets' 3 year olds salute you for bringing baby level technology to them.

Roland, we salute you for this brainless level of software, buttons and knobs.

Keep up the good work Roland...Korg will continue to be conceited and zzzzzzzz...why even bother.

I look forward to all four of you to drown in your piss-ant backward technology.

Looks like the new king is iMac Pro and soft synths.
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Actually its kind of worrying for the workstation market..

Roland not upgrading their workstation but adding a new model with4 year old technollogy

Korg hasnt released a new workstation (kronos, krome, kross) in half a decade

Yamaha moved away from workstations with the Montage..

However in the end, what more do you need when you use a Kronos with VST's added? (Unless you want arranger capabilities, in which case like me you add a pa4x).. there is not much room left to wish for with the current Kronos, as it can handle almost any job you throw at it.

Yes, it seems to be all about consolidation, different colors, more keys, different keys...

As far as the OASYS/KRONOS platform is concerned I DO think there is a lot of room for improvement.
But even there KORG seems to concentrate on breaking down the OASYS/KRONOS tech into separate specialized products (the stage piano, the organ KORG has showcased on several occasions).
Maybe companies just aren't willing to take the risk of pouring money into the R&D of a new workstation?
Yet if they want to continue to exist they will have to create something people want to buy, and simply rehashing yesteryear's model simply will not suffice.

It all seems to be about analogs these days, and companies keep releasing one minor variation on the same theme after another.
Surely there's a point of saturation reached by now?
It's become a highly competitive market, and with Behringer set to release several analog synths at bottom prices it will become increasingly difficult to persuade people to buy yet another analog.

At this point I would not be surprised to see Yamaha releasing the MOXF again with a bigger color display.
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why everyone is complaining- you all asked for this...

- you asked for this when you didn't bitch about no aftertouch on the keyboards;
- you asked for this when you didn't complain about 4-octave keyboards;
- you asked for this when you didn't complain about the crappy keyboards they're stapling on;
- you asked for this when the makers kept using cheaper and cheaper construction of the cases;
- you asked for this when you jumped all over and loved mini-keys;
- you asked for this when the makers kept using the same ole recycled sounds, samples, and technology, model after model.

There are reasons I bitch about the dearth of AT, about 4-octave keyboards, about pretty much everything I bitch about: you keep buying limited, gelded equipment, then that's all they're going to make, because you're willing to keep them in business when they do that.

Go ahead and jump all over me for this post: I can take it, but you go ahead and enjoy that FA07, too, k?

..Joe
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
Maybe companies just aren't willing to take the risk of pouring money into the R&D of a new workstation?
Yet if they want to continue to exist they will have to create something people want to buy, and simply rehashing yesteryear's model simply will not suffice.

Incremental changes could be quite compelling, without having to be radical.

Imagine a Kross 61, with polyphonic aftertouch, a few assignable controls, and better DSP so that you could have more effects choices. I think that people would snap it up. I know that I'd be sorely tempted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: