Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

o1w FD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
satya_music

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: o1w FD Reply with quote

Respected Sirs,

I have bought one o1w FD keyboard yesterday.

- The keyboard screen is showing only half portion (right side half portion is blank, no letters). How to re-call the full screen please.

- I have downloaded the tones/prog/comb etc from the internet. If I copy the same in the floppy, is the o1w will allow to load the tones/prog/comb etc., from the floppy disk.

Please reply.

With best regards,
Satya

e-mail: satya_music@yahoo.com.au

Current gears: Korg PA700, Korg TR 61, Korg PA600, AKAI MPC 1000, M-AUDIO Mtrack Plus, Audio-Technica AT2020, Casio CTK5000, Nikon D5500 and Sony PJ410.

Previous gears: Korg Krome, Korg o1wFD, Yamaha PSR-S970, Yamaha PSR-S900, Yamaha PSR 2000, Yamaha PSR 520.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SoundWerx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Quote:

- The keyboard screen is showing only half portion (right side half portion is blank, no letters). How to re-call the full screen please.

This sounds like someone has pulled the display apart, possibly to replace the EL foil backlight. The backlight should never be replaced in this manner as it is difficult to re-assemble the display without some characters missing or lines through the display. You should replace the display with a LED variant. You can do this yourself if your capable with electronics or buy a plug-n-play replacement of eBay.

Quote:

- I have downloaded the tones/prog/comb etc from the internet. If I copy the same in the floppy, is the o1w will allow to load the tones/prog/comb etc., from the floppy disk.

You can't just grab files of the internet and chuck them on a floppy for the 01W. The 01W uses it's own disk format. If you've downloaded disk images these must be written back to a floppy disk using special software (freely available). Software like "discimag", "omniflop" or "floppy image v1.5.2.zip" are available on a some of the remaining 01W resource websites.

The exception is if you have the latest firmware that supports SMF reading. Standard MIDI Files can then be played from a PC formatted 720KB floppy disk.

If you want to get data easily into your 01W use SYSEX files and transfer these sound sets to the 01W using MIDI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: