Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos X power

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korggal2015

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Kronos X power Reply with quote

Purchased this Kronos X around 2012 and have not updated it all since. Received the following message twice - unfortunately occurred during the middle of a gig yesterday.

"A problem has been detected, which may have been caused by cycling power too quickly. Please turn the Kronos off, wait for 10 sec, and then turn it back on."

There was a prior post on here in 2015, but despite an upgrade to 3.03, it looks like some folks still had this issue so I'm not convinced that upgrading will help.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate thank you
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Are you running via a UPS on stage? If not you should be!!!.......

Sounds like you might have been victim of a power glitch. Being a computer based system, the Kronos is less tolerant than other 'boards of crap power.

In the 3 years I have gigged the Kronos via a UPS, I have never suffered an issue like this.....

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Korggal2015

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
Hi

Sounds like you might have been victim of a power glitch. Being a computer based system, the Kronos is less tolerant than other 'boards of crap power.

In the 3 years I have gigged the Kronos via a UPS, I have never suffered an issue like this.....

so embarrassed to ask but what is a UPS?
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korggal2015 wrote:
Derek Cook wrote:
Hi

so embarrassed to ask but what is a UPS?

It means Uninterruptable Power Supply - It's like a power bar that has a battery so if the power goes off, anything plugged in will have a bit of power for a while depending on the size of the battery.

I never gig without mine, because they also TEND (not always) act as a line conditioner to avoid power spikes and such as well.
Korggal2015

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I'll look into getting one asap. I'm scared though something internal is wrong with a fuse or something...
4GodnWV

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: UPS

Will this do it? Tia, 4God

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BackUp1000
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not spelling out the acronym Embarassed

A UPS like the one linked to above should do the trick. You don't need much reserve power. Mine is good for about 20 mins. You just need enough to avoid the power brown outs and glitches and it will protect you against surges as well.

I doubt there is a problem with the Kronos, but first eliminate the possible external cause. Very Happy

I have only seen this message once in 3 years and that was in the studio where I do not have the UPS fitted.

All my pre-buying research on the Kronos in 2014 pointed to the two minute boot time being a major drag on stage (and venue power can be ropey in some places), so a UPS is a must, and has saved me a few times where power has gone down and come back - the keyboard rig has just sailed on....

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Schmooster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Kronos boot time a UPS is absolutely essential and as already mentioned they contain line filters to eliminate spikes and surges - they're a necessity for anything that requires configuring prior to playing - if the main power is out for 20 minutes the gig is dead anyway and nothing you can do, but very handy while someone races to the fuse box - you may have to adapt your set for a few minutes though - have a sing-a-long - ABBA seems to work well, or Queen?? Friggin in the riggin depending where you are as well:lol: that's 3 times in 26 years so not a major issue - it's the PC that worries me the most and Kronos has an embedded PC so.... we'll see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: