Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clock sync issues Korg SQ-1 to Korg Volca Sample

View previous topic :: View next topic  
synthfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Clock sync issues Korg SQ-1 to Korg Volca Sample Reply with quote

I'm currently using a Korg SQ-1 to sequence my Korg MS-20 Mini and Volca Sample.

I connected a 3.5mm cable coming out from the 'clock out' into the 'clock in' of my Volca Sample, however when I press 'Play' on the Korg SQ-1 the timing on the Volca Sample seems erratic and not in time (eighth, quarter notes etc). with the Korg SQ-1.

I don't seem to get clock sync issues when I connect my Volca Sample, Volca Beats, and Volca Kick together.

I've tried different 3.5mm cables but I haven't been able to get different results.

If anyone in this forum has any suggestions on how to get the Korg SQ-1 to sync with my Volca equipment I would be extremely grateful.
7zark7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

It is probably because you use the negative gate from the sq-1 for use with the MS20. Try passing the gate on from the MS20.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=109850

-7zark7
Hardware: 1010 Audio Bitbox, Akai MAX25 pro, Alesis Micron, Korg ES2, Korg KP3, Korg microSampler MS-1, Korg Minilogue, Korg MS20 mini, Korg SQ-1, Korg Triton, Korg Volca Sample, Roland MC-307, Roland AIRA MX-1, Roland AIRA SYSTEM 1m, Roland JD-Xi, Roland AIRA Scooper, Roland AIRA Demora,
Software: Synapse-Audio Orion and loads of VST/VSTi
synthfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has nothing to do with the Korg MS-20 Mini... I am able to sequence the Korg MS-20 Mini without any issues. The problem is with regards to syncing the clock between the Korg SQ-1 and my Korg Volcas...
7zark7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, but have you tried switching the SQ-1 gate polarity? I am just trying to be helpful. Of course, if everything is fine with your other korgs that have sync in and out, this likely has nothing to do with it. I do hope you figure it out. I feel like I am constantly battling sync issues. I have just ordered an SBX-1. I hope it fixes some of them. Try to post back here when you find a solution.

-7zark7
Hardware: 1010 Audio Bitbox, Akai MAX25 pro, Alesis Micron, Korg ES2, Korg KP3, Korg microSampler MS-1, Korg Minilogue, Korg MS20 mini, Korg SQ-1, Korg Triton, Korg Volca Sample, Roland MC-307, Roland AIRA MX-1, Roland AIRA SYSTEM 1m, Roland JD-Xi, Roland AIRA Scooper, Roland AIRA Demora,
synthfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the clock related to the gate polarity? Aren't those separate things?

If anyone else on this forum has any other ideas I would greatly appreciate it!
7zark7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are separate things. I wasn't trying to confuse the matter further.
I hope you sort it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: