Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

authenticating and the MAC address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markireland

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: authenticating and the MAC address Reply with quote

Problems with authenticating KORG Legacy apps may have something to do with the MAC address of your computer changing after you registered.

Can KORG suggest a fix for this? How do I find the Locking Code that I used the first time I authenticated?

How can I 'spoof' my MAC address so that it matches this first Locking Code?

Thanks
dcafarelli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Having to reauthenticate KORG Legacy Applications Reply with quote

I have a MACBOOK that has Korg Legacy Applications installed with Mac Sierra OS. I use the macbook standalone and also with connections to a CalDigital Thunderbolt 3 Dock. The dock has an ethernet port. The macbook has an wireless ethernet as part of the macbook. To support the MOTU Thunderbolt Audio, I need to have an Apple Thunderbolt 2 Ethernet dongle connected to the MACBOOK through a Thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 dongle. The only permanent ethernet device in the macbook is the wireless connection.

When I move from standalone to docked mode, then Korg Legacy Apps require a reauthentication. It is easy to do but it requires running the authentication application multiple times for the 6 apps.

Then when I move back to standalone mode from docked mode, the Korg Legacy Applications require reauthentication.

No other music application (including those that require iLok Software Protection - no iLok dongle) will function properly.

I assume that the Korg Legacy Edition is using one of the two MAC Addresses either from the CalDigital or the Apple Thunderbolt adapter to sign the authorization. And when I go to standalone, those two mac devices are no longer present in the system and as such it requires a reauthentication. When I am in standalone, it must be using the Wireless MAC address for authentication of the application licenses.

Is this something that can be addressed via reconfiguration of the networking? Perhaps I can find a way to install the software with the Wireless network devices installed to ensure Korg Legacy uses the MAC address from wireless for its authentication.

Please help if this can be fixed via process. If not, please find a way to authenticate the licenses using something other than the mac address.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: