Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Independent Timbre Editing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoolook

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Independent Timbre Editing Reply with quote

OK I have not programmed my Radias from the front end extensively for about 7 years, as I've been using the editor on a Mac. But now the editor doesn't work on 10.12 I've been relearning and found an issue.

I don't seem to be able to edit any parameters 'per timbre' - so the filter, envelopes, LFOs etc affect all timbres equally regardless of which is selected.

Even if I only use one timbre, program it and then add a second, the second one is not 'initialized' it copies exactly the 1st timbre and is uneditable without impacting the 1st.

There must be some setting or reason for this, because I remember being able to do this before (unless there is something wrong with my Radias) and plenty of my old patches have different voices, filters and settings per timbre.

I'm learning my synth all over again from the front end, but this is driving me nuts! Any help would be appreciated.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Program Play or Program Edit modes, the relevant Timbre Select button should blink when it has been selected. In Program Play mode the "active" timbre should also be indicated by a filled-in ">" on the display?

At the very least, it should be possible to alter the level of each selected timbre independently in Program Play mode, using the AMP control. If this does not occur, then there coud well be a problem with the Radias.

Zoolook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
In Program Play or Program Edit modes, the relevant Timbre Select button should blink when it has been selected. In Program Play mode the "active" timbre should also be indicated by a filled-in ">" on the display?

At the very least, it should be possible to alter the level of each selected timbre independently in Program Play mode, using the AMP control. If this does not occur, then there coud well be a problem with the Radias.

Thanks for replying. Yes the Timbre select button does flash and there is a little arrow on the timbre name. I am thinking of reverting to factory settings to check this out, although I might lose a lot of patches now the editor doesn't work.
Zoolook

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I just figured out it has something to do with Logic Pro X.

If I do this when Logic is not running, then it behaves as expected.
Zoolook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved - it was caused by the MIDI filter not being set for program changes. So editing Timbre1 sent a message to the DAW which bounced it back and edited all Timbres set to Global MIDI setting.

Two options to fix this:

- Set each Timbre to a different MIDI channel, or
- Switch on MIDI filtering at the global level for Parameter and SystemEx changes.
Teedotyyz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would this also work for FL Studio? Whenever I start a midi file it always switches the program on my Radias to something else and I can't figure how to turn it off. It seems random at times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: