Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommend the Kaossilator Pro+ for a beginner?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be cool to hear some of your stuff. I love when artists can flow to live-looping stuff, especially hiphop.

I've never used A KP3+, but I can tell you that the original KP3 is great for live vocal stuff, BUT A WARNING: as Spheric said, people have had issues with the clock on KPro/KP3 drifting out of time with other devices after ~4 minutes. If you're using it for hands-on looping, you can hold SHIFT and hit the Tap Tempo button to reset the timing of your 4 loops back to where they should be. Again, all the loop slots are self-consistent with timing, but it's like the whole device mishandles a fraction of the BPM and it eventually falls off-beat. If you ever find yourself using this with your new MPC (nice piece BTW! You'll be able to make insane beats with it), a KP3 could need to be "jogged" in the way I've described above. No biggie, once per song is fine, but still a crucial point to note.

Still, just check the prices these are going for on eBay...the KP3+ is about $300, but you can snag an OG model for ~$150, which is insane for the capabilities of this thing. Just to help if you're looking into this: the original has predominantly black A B C D keys, whereas the newer model buttons are clear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: