Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Programs are inaudible in Kross

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FVet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Some Programs are inaudible in Kross Reply with quote

I just purchased a Korg Kross around 2 weeks ago. I love it and all its features. But there is a minor problem that I encountered.

The preloaded Vocoder Vel Choir (D126) and SqrSaw Vocoder (D127) is inaudible when played in program mode. Even when the volume is turned up to the max level, all I can hear is an almost inaudible sound. I experienced this both on headphone and the stereo output jacks. But when I tried to put the program in combi or sequencer mode, it is playing fine. I tried to sample all the other programs but I haven't encountered the same problem.

I know that the most simple solution is to just use it in combi or sequencer mode. But I'm wondering if some of you have experienced this and were you able to resolve the issue?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

These are vocoder programs. You need to enable the audio input button and hook up a microphone or another audio source. Sing in the microphone while playing. Then you should hear something.

If you're interested in the sound only, without the vocoder, which is probably what you hear when loading the programs in a combi, you can disable the vocoder effect and save the program again or in a free slot. Disabling the vocoder goes like this: in the program, go to the p-fx routing - ifx subpage. Then, using the cursor keys go to the button next to 1. This is the enable button for the first effect (the vocoder in the particular programs). Hit enter to disable the effect, and there you go.

Have fun.
FVet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I am relatively new to synths. I understand how this works now Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: