Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos audio recording issue, please help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rsimons

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Kronos audio recording issue, please help Reply with quote

I have been using my Kronos for sequencing for a few years now but I'm just now trying to record vocals with it. I have an art tube mp preamp and several different condense mics. I am running the mic into the preamp, then into the Kronos. I'm using the phantom power of course. I set up the track with the auto hdr feature. I can't hear anything, on the Kronos the levels don't move at all, but if I'm singing into the mic the overload warning comes up despite there being no movement on the meter in the Kronos. I don't understand what's going on. I tried plugging a cheap dynamic mic directly into the Kronos and didn't hear anything and, this time, did not get an overload warning. Can anybody help out? I'm very frustrated! Thanks a lot!
mikeyd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you set the track to L/R?
Rsimons

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did. I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm knew to the audio part of this but I have done everything I can think of.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try to actually record some and play it back?
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos audio recording issue, please help Reply with quote

Rsimons wrote:
I set up the track with the auto hdr feature.

Try it without the auto setup. I'm assuming you are plugged into INPUT 1?

Go to the AUDIO TRACK MIXER tab. Check the MULTI REC checkbox. Go to Track 1 (or 1 and 2). Set the Play, Mute, Rec box to REC. INPUT 1 should be the default record source. If not, select it.

Press PREFERENCES and you should see a level.
Rsimons

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not actually record anything. I will try and do so as soon as possible. I'll also try to manually set the track up as suggested and see if that makes any difference.
Wagnergrad96

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I record my vocals by plugging a mic directly into the Kronos input and it should just fine. Make sure that in the preferences, that the "audio input" box is checked red.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/523469/Korg-Kronos.html?page=102#manual

It seems minor, but if it's not checked, you will get levels, but hear nothing.
Rsimons

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness, I'm either an idiot, or my Kronos is broken. I've tried everything I can think of and everything that was suggested here. I am running a preamp into the Kronos, using a condenser that needs phantom power. I have everything set up correctly, as far as I know. Using the auto setup or doing it manually makes no difference. I can't hear anything, the levels don't move. I am super, super bummed about this. I did record a couple audio tracks when I first got it. I used a crap mic and it worked. I tried plugging the same crap mic in now and nothing. Do I have a problem?
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll make you a quick vid. Did you press the MIC/LINE button in, next to the actual input?
Rsimons

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I used a different garbage mic and I can hear myself outputting from the Korg. That's a huge relief. But when I hit record, I can't hear the metronome or the track playing back. I'm not sure what's going on there. I know I am a complete noob to this, but I really appreciate anybody's help with this. I guess, maybe, the preamp I have is not working properly. I don't know. Pretty simple device, not sure what I could be doing wrong with it. It's an ART Tube Mp Project Series. If anybody knows why I can't hear the track, or why the preamp isn't working, please chime in. I am trying to learn. I know it can be frustrating for new people to come on here and not know basic stuff, but any help is going to mean a lot to me. Thank you.
Rsimons

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did set it to line, per the preamp instructions.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, good. I did shoot the video (which shows many routing choices), so I'll post it after I get back from seeing WAR OF THE PLANET OF THE APES. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: