Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can i activate karma module?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: How can i activate karma module? Reply with quote

There are 4 karma modules that can be allocated to the tracks in combi mode.

I'm wondering how each module can be turn on and off. For example, in the combi
'smooth jazzmitazz' , there are only three modules run, but module B ' bossa guitar'
does not respond by any means. In the motif, there are 4 arpeggietors and what i had to was just check on off button for each part in performance mode, but how does it work in kronos karma in comi? I want to activate all modlues in 'smooth jazzmitazz'. Please help. Thanks.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GE setup/Key Zone of Karma GE tab page is what you want.

Each module has where you can select a GE by Category or slot number and name. Select a GE and then above the selection edit cells you will see a Box with "Run" by it. There is a "Run" enable box for each Module. It is for Module run enable or disable.

Also Module zoning is good to look at because even if the Moule run is enabled, the zoning has to be set within your physical key range for your keys to trigger the Module run. Otherwise you will have to set up a dynamic midi trigger that is independent of the keys, which is harder than doing a quick zoning setup for each module.
Drama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:

Each module has where you can select a GE by Category or slot number and name. Select a GE and then above the selection edit cells you will see a Box with "Run" by it. There is a "Run" enable box for each Module. It is for Module run enable or disable.

Also Module zoning is good to look at because even if the Moule run is enabled, the zoning has to be set within your physical key range for your keys to trigger the Module run. Otherwise you will have to set up a dynamic midi trigger that is independent of the keys, which is harder than doing a quick zoning setup for each module.

I saw the ' run' buttons above the key zone, but the run botton for module A B is unable to use. Is there any way to make the run button available?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drama wrote:
19naia wrote:

I saw the ' run' buttons above the key zone, but the run botton for module A B is unable to use. Is there any way to make the run button available?

Now it gets harder for me to answer without Kronos with me.
On your front panel by the Karma on/off switch and latch, you should have the module select buttons. With little lights set in column from top to bottom listing M,A,B,C,D. I am guessing that if you have M selected then you are in a Master module setup that is rigged to tie in functions of only included modules which may be excluding A and preventing independent module run changes while Master module is controlling them in tandem.
So changing the Master module setup or getting out of Master module all together would be something i would try in elimimation process. Leave Master module control and go into A module control. The light on the front panel by the letter A should be lit up.

The other would be to look at the I/O section of Karma GE setup/keyzone Page and be sure that A module settings for input and output are not set to off or nothing. It could be that when the channel input and output for the module is not set to anything, you would have the module run greyed out. Also see that a GE selection like an Arp is actually set to the module.

Maybe it is as simple as one of the modules is set to "Solo" and that greys out the "run" option for other modules?

If no luck with this, then i would go into the drop down menu and there are options for "initialize module" and "copy module". There could be luck there initializing or copying module A, if the problem is tied to any of the settings that get initialized or copied. Also if initialize module comes with the option to initialize M module, then i would try that also.

Sorry, i don't have kronos with me to try things out to see first hand.
But... Copy module and initialize module come in handy for cutting through the complexities that could be programmed into preset Karmified sounds. Just clear it all out in one "initialize module" function and copy in whatever you want from another program or combi that is doing what you want.
Be sure that the combi or program you are clearing of karma module setups is first saved in disk with PCG file so that you can get it back in original form if you need to start again.
Here is a link to Kronos Operation guide -Karma info page. It has an area that talks about the "run" and "solo" settings per each module and how they are taken over by Master Module control when you are in Master Module Control mode.
~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
"2. Use "Run" and "Solo" to select the module(s) that will operate when KARMA is on.For more information, see "0–6b: GE Select" on page 422 of the Parameter Guide.Note: For the preloaded combinations, when the MODULE CONTROL switch is set to MASTER, KARMA SWITCHES 1, 2, 3, and 4 will switch "Run" on/off for modules A, B, C, and D."
~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/523469/Korg-Kronos.html?page=233

Not guaranteeing a solution, and from what i see in parameter guide, this is the best i can come up with for Karma in combi mode. So if this does not help, i hope someone else can come in with a real solution.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to a Karma labs instruction page.

http://karma-lab.wikidot.com/korg-kronos:combi-creation-tutorial-with-karma-part-3#toc3

The section "Master RTP Setup SW 1-4" is where it talks about setting up Master module control over the 4 modules and where it greys out the "run" check box on the screen so that it cannot be used to enable module run. It tells you where that is set up and what switches have been designated to take over individual module(A to D) "Run" control while in Master module.
Drama

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thank you 19naia! It was great help. I was so touched by your sincere comments!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: