Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound resonating

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lefwan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Sound resonating Reply with quote

Hi guys,
since a week now, and randomly, some notes that I play on my PA600 keep resonating.... as if there is a sustain pedal... and it don't stop.
it is very embarrassing.
Even if I change the performance the new sound do the same think.
some time all works perfectly... I am becoming nervous.
I loaded OS again trying top stabilize the system, but no chance.
The problem is that the trouble is random, so I keep playing on stage knowing that this can happen at any moment, with any sound, with any notes........
Confused
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lefwan:

What happends to you IMHO is caused by a specific user defined instrument, that remains in memory the last key pressure.-
Please, test the following and tell us what happend.-

Re-Install last OS only, this means not .SET's or other PCM / PKG, just the original OS.- After that test your keyboard.-

If the issue dissapear, the problem becomes from any sound you've installed out of the original ones.-

These happends me when i download and installed OS modified version from korgviet (by that time i was looking for a guitar lead sound they created, that nearly sounds like Kronos).- Unfortunatelly i don't get it, so month ago i bought a really Kronos 2).-

The best collection of sound i get it from Dopamine, and excellent collection, best drums library, and full filled performances, style, pads, etc.- Keep a look to Dopamine4Korg site.-

Hoping these suggestions helps you.
With regards.
Eduardo
midimusa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Sound resonating Reply with quote

Hi!

I don't know - you have a pedal or not. Maybe your instrument recognizes an open contact (no pedal plugged) like the damper (hold) is pressed. Try to change the polarity on the instrument: to change its polarity and calibrate it, go to the Controllers > Foot Controllers page of the Global mode.
How to do that read from the Manual "Connecting and calibrating the Damper pedal" (Page32).

Hopefully that helps.
lefwan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
thanx for your support.
the problem was the damper Pedal not well set.

I remember that once I plugged the output in the Damper by mistake
this should have made a kind a wrong detection of damper pedal on my PA600, and that caused that bad functionnality.

I plugged a pedal damper inow and desactivated this function.
now everything is OK

Regards,
Naoufel
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lefwan. You might already know the 'panic button' for when this happens, but in case you don't:

Press SHIFT and hold it while you press START/STOP.

It doesn't cure the underlying reason, as others have pointed out, but it is the quick fix for when a stuck note occurs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: