Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

scsi2sd for the rack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leDan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: scsi2sd for the rack Reply with quote

Hi,

tried to connect my scsi2sd (version 5) in its external box + term power from the db25 on the backside of my rack, but when i turned the Triton on, it soon after dumped a system error on the screen. I tried two more times with the same result, but the third time, the power led on the scsi2sd didn't even light up.

I then tried the scsi2sd on my xv5080 and it worked perfectly on that unit.

Scared that i might have blewn some scsi fuse on the Triton, i then tried another external enclosure (with the ArtMix fusinmonster inside) and that one the Triton could detect and load/save from without problems.

Have anyone here used the scsi2sd on a Triton (or Triton rack) successfully?

I'm using os 1.52 on the rack btw.
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On its Wiki, they post that is IS compatible with the 5080, but there's no mention of the Triton rack:

http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD_V5_Compatibility

..Joe
leDan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Gerardi wrote:
On its Wiki, they post that is IS compatible with the 5080, but there's no mention of the Triton rack:

http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD_V5_Compatibility

..Joe

Hi Joe,

i saw that also, but at one moment in time, i was the one that reported that the EX5R worked fine with the V5 card (so i thought perhaps no-one hade mailed him, telling that it did work on the Triton (rack) as well....

I did test my V5 (running the latest FW as of now) also on my Triton classic (latest OS) and got basically the same error message that i got on the rack earlier:

While at the same time, i read about ppl getting it to work just fine (??):

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12109317-post22.html

[/img]
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I can guess is that the SCSI channels are different, or that it need active termination.

SCSI is a pretty basic protocol- not much to go wrong with it after those two things.

..Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: