Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just got korg electribe 2 , need help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dahdahduuude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Just got korg electribe 2 , need help. Reply with quote

hi, so i'm new to all of this and my plan is to use korg electribe 2, my pc and samples from vinyl player and I don't know how to connect all of this to my pc, and my plan is to make music in ableton live 9 lite. I'm thinking I'm going to need to use audio interface but I'm not sure. so I'm askin what wires do I need to buy? Do I need audio interface or I can do it without it?
Thanks!
sl23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, you definitely need help, you bought an e2! Very Happy

But to answer you're question...
I don't use ableton, but I don't use an audio interface. I just connect audio out into PC and use USB out for midi. Simple as that.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dahdahduuude,
Are you a dj? Do you do any mixing / scratching that you would like to record or just bits audio?
What type of turn table is it? ie does it have its own USB or is it connected to an amp (old school) or dj mixer?
Also your electribe - is it the E2 sampler or just the synth version?
dahdahduuude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spheric El wrote:
Hi Dahdahduuude,
Are you a dj? Do you do any mixing / scratching that you would like to record or just bits audio?
What type of turn table is it? ie does it have its own USB or is it connected to an amp (old school) or dj mixer?
Also your electribe - is it the E2 sampler or just the synth version?

I'm just a beginner. I want to mix on the electribe and also add bits of audio from the turn table.
It's an USB turn table
It's just the synth version.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok . sl23s idea is worth giving a go,just as a quick start.see how good the results are.
Use a stereo 3.5mm jack splitter into two 1/4" mono jacks. Plug the mini jack into your Mic in on pc if it has one.
If you do want to get an audio interface I can only say I use an (oldish) m-audio fast track pro. It works fine ,but I don't use a computer for recording/mixing so don't have much experience with audio cards. Focusrite are reviewed well.
You would need a pair or jack cables to connect E2 to interface.
Turn table I think will output line level from its phono cables - hopefully. But some need a phone pre amp. You will need to check this. If it works connect phonos > 3.5mm stereo mini. That should do it.
Then spin you vinyl over your E2 beats in real time,effecting and filtering as you go. I recommend vinyl with no beats as sync will be difficult without a dj deck.

You will need to monitor audio through your software on pc with out audio interface.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jus thought the quickest method to try straight away is mini jack stereo cable from headphone out of e2 into pc Mic in.
You are more likely to have one of these . I assume e2 has a mini jack stereo out here.
Zpro18

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I'm in a similar boat with my e2. I love it so far but I want to be able to record onto audacity. The mic in from the stereo jack of the elective doesn't work on my computer. I've been looking at sound cards and mixers but they almost all seem to be mono 1/4 inch below a certain price range at least. What's the best way to get the high quality fully stereo sound of my electrode on to my computer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: