Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would be the reason you sell your Kronos?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrKronos81

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: What would be the reason you sell your Kronos? Reply with quote

Whats the main reason or problem(s) that would lead you to sell you kronos?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: What would be the reason you sell your Kronos? Reply with quote

MrKronos81 wrote:
Whats the main reason or problem(s) that would lead you to sell you kronos?

I have no problems w/my 6 yr old Kronos.

If Korg gets around to a new gen W/s that is downward compatible with todays Kronos, that might lead me to sell. Even so, I would keep both for some time, in my hypothetical example.

What about you ? are you selling or buying ?
ArminH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold a lot of other keyboard gear since I own the Kronos 88
-Master Keyboard
-Virus
-Organ
-Motif Rack
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reason to sell Kronos Reply with quote

No real controllable arpeggiators (KARMA too much hit n miss, or in my case mainly miss) . Poor sequencer (I was spoilt with a Fantom-G that was an epic sequencer and board, wish I had kept it). Badly positioned and non tiltable screen, gives me bad neck pains. old 32 bit VST editor so cannot use it.
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be really "hard pressed" to give up my Kronos. I think I will just add to it.

I really need a lighter weight 76 keyboard to move around for the myriad rehearsals and gigs I do. I am looking at the 22lb Nord Stage 3 Compact to see if that can be a Pinch Hitter for the Kronos. However, I will use the K2 for big shows. The K2 is just SO versatile and deep. I was watching a Youtube video comparing the sounds between the newer Montage and the K2, and I was so impressed at how well the K2 did and sounded.

I also think we are about to get a new O/S update to include the Italian Grand. I just received an O/S update on my Pa4x which included that Piano and it sounds amazing. I would LOVE to see that released for the K2.
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a second Kronos. It's a Kronos 2 61. My original Kronos 61 still working fine, nearly 5 years later. Now I have one in my studio and one at church. Only have to carry a USB drive back and forth!
These are the good ole days!

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Reason to sell Kronos Reply with quote

MrSteveVee wrote:
1) No real controllable arpeggiators (KARMA too much hit n miss, or in my case mainly miss) .
2) Poor sequencer (I was spoilt with a Fantom-G that was an epic sequencer and board, wish I had kept it).
3) Badly positioned and non tiltable screen, gives me bad neck pains. old 32 bit VST editor so cannot use it.

Not much argument , esp when its about preference.

1) I agree about Karma as it stands on the Kronos. This can be solved by getting and working with the software.

2) I read the Fantom G SEQ is strong. But this 8 yr old board, no longer in production has pros/cons. This is a Kronos forum thus the usual bias. For example, 'only ' 1 MB of memory.
Anyway, as a Song writer, the Kronos SEQ is a best friend so I disagree with your overall characterization.
A used G is an easy find. There are 6 on my local Craigslist.

3) Also well discussed here. Not that I disagree. I accept there were cost reasons to have a tilt LCD. This can be mitigated somewhat with the app and propping your Kronos up about 5 degrees.
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making more of a player's Kronos, than a workstation: getting rid of Karma, getting rid of the sequencer, keeping it more of just a pure musical instrument with an excellent keyboard...

I could see that. Kind of what Korg did with the Triton-Rack features, as it differed from the Triton.

..Joe
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only imagine one...

A Kronos replacement, with backward compatibility...
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
I can only imagine one...

A Kronos replacement, with backward compatibility...

Same here. And even then, I probably wouldn't sell it because of the libraries I have for it.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, we all should assume music is a luxury, and that various personal financial hardships would justify selling a Kronos.

Disregarding that, and staying within the world of music production, which includes live performance, selling a Kronos is a hard decision.

I suppose if I were more a purist with disposable income I could prefer analog synths and/or some other rompler that was easier to use live. The gain here is just something easier to use live that was "good enough."

But that's not me. My Kronos is indispensable to my keyboard workflow. There simply is no better hardware solution that covers all the talents of the Kronos in a single package...

Why do you ask?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...simple answer from me...
"..to put $$ towards a Kronos 2 (or KK-LS 88 - haven't decided yet).."

Just from my experience and IMHO the Kronos is unbeatable in its class.

Cheers
Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
adamburgess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just sold my second Kronos (had an original 61 a while back and had a Kronos 2 73). First one was because I ended up doing jazzy piano only gigs for a couple of years and it never made it out the case for ages. Rather it went to a good home.

The 73 had to go to pay rent recently. No work here in the Middle East (Dubai) during Ramadan, it's too hot for outdoor gigs, there's a bit of a lull in gigs generally here at the moment, I'm still owed money from months ago but it's coming .... Slowly!

Suppose we could've timeshared the case as a living space, looking back! Very sad days.

Still the most versatile keyboards I've owned. Thy were both a joy to play. Actions were great. Sounding amazing is a given. Only slight niggle was the keys seemed to be shorter than the Stage 2 88 that the 73 replaced - that took a few gigs to get used to.

The Kronos has never let me down and it's always done everything I've asked of it. Crazy MIDI routing, silly layers and splits, controlling external stuff - or just as a piano.

New one required in a couple of months! Might go for an 88. Unless anything new comes close to it. Using a borrowed Numa thing for the bits I've got at the mo. It;s a bit nasty!
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:
I suppose if I were more a purist with disposable income I could prefer analog synths and/or some other rompler that was easier to use live. The gain here is just something easier to use live that was "good enough."

I can't imagine an instrument that's easier to use live. I guess it depends on one's personal needs and likes.

I'd have to agree with others that the only reason to sell, financial need aside, would be for a next gen workstation, hopefully backward compatible.

If Korg came out with a Kronos 88 in a physical package similar to the Casio PX-5S, I'd be there in heartbeat. Tried the LS, still too heavy and the action didn't cut it for me.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Gerardi wrote:
Making more of a player's Kronos, than a workstation: getting rid of Karma, getting rid of the sequencer, keeping it more of just a pure musical instrument with an excellent keyboard...

I could see that. Kind of what Korg did with the Triton-Rack features, as it differed from the Triton.

..Joe

You just described the grandstage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: