Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transfer data from ver. 1.24 to ver 2.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kronos2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Transfer data from ver. 1.24 to ver 2.0 Reply with quote

Hello Pa4X users,
I need to import my Set List and users data form in ver. 1.24 to ver 2.0, i don't know if this normal procedure will rewrite over a new Style or instruments in this new version.
How can I do that?
Thank in advance.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be updating to v2 shortly and would also like to better understand this part of the procedure.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be a useful article for members that want to safely upgrade their custom set in OS v.2

- As first save your SET.ALL under OS v.124 (all checked) and clone it for any case , keeping the prototype in your computer !
- Upgrade to V2 , this will overwrite some user STYLE favorite banks and half of KBD sets with new resources that you will need !
- Save in Factory.ALL format only files GLOBAL , STYLE & KEYBOARDSET that you might need in case of overwritting factory resources.

Now you have 2 options to load your resources in order to preserve new factory resources in user area.

1) Merge with your custom resources instantly.
- Open your saved SET.ALL and load only SOUND and PAD folders as they are.
- Open STYLE folder and load one by one all your custom banks to bank positions that are not used by new factory resources "
(mainly 3-4 favorite banks)
- Open KEYBOARDSET folder and load one by one all your custom banks to bank positions that are not used by new factory
resources (mainly 1-7 favorite banks)
- If your custom KBD sets & STYLES are exceeding free banks you have to merge them one by one in single positions with used banks.
- Loading Global file depends on how critical information you have there like #controllers/sliders or if you have renamed all KBD
set & Styles , since overwritting factory Global will delete the names of banks of new factory resources in user area.
But you can also Open Global folder and load only Max/vocals settings or midi routing you had created.

2) The best method for end-users is to use your SET as Direct and decide later of what to copy and where ...
- Save a copy of your SET.ALL in Korg HD
- Open your saved SET.ALL and load only SOUND and PAD folders as they are. (loading SOUND folder is required for custom samples)
- Go to Global/Mode Preferences/Media/ click Browse and assign your SET.ALL
From now on , when you select Direct you can use your SET as before with it's own global preferences/names and the rest of resources.
Saving info for such a project can be found here http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=726074#726074

There is also a third alternative option highly recommended for power users with many custom resources , where you can load Your.SET
untouched and use as "Direct SET" the previously saved after upgrading Factory.ALL SET where you can explore and copy if needed new
factory resources in any vacant user positions of Styles or KBD SET. This way you will have only one solid SET ...
A tricky solution in this case for your old Songbook entries issue until new OS release is to keep your old SET as direct with only two
folders inside , GLOBAL & SONGBOOK and select Direct SET while in songbook.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:38 am; edited 8 times in total
keyboard
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
This could be a useful article for members that want to safely upgrade their custom set in OS v.2

- As first save your SET.ALL under OS v.124 (all checked) and clone it for any case , keeping the prototype in your computer !
- Upgrade to V2 , this will overwrite some user STYLE favorite banks and half of KBD sets with new resources that you will need !
- Save in Factory.ALL format only files GLOBAL , STYLE & KEYBOARDSET that you might need in case of overwritting factory resources.

Now you have 2 options to load your resources in order to preserve new factory resources in user area.

1) Merge with your custom resources instantly.
- Open your saved SET.ALL and load all files exept GLOBAL , STYLE & KEYBOARDSET.
- Open STYLE folder and load one by one all your custom banks to bank positions that are not used by new factory resources "
(mainly 3-4 favorite banks)
- Open KEYBOARDSET folder and load one by one all your custom banks to bank positions that are not used by new factory
resources (mainly 1-7 favorite banks)
- If your custom KBD sets & STYLES are exceeding free banks you have to merge them one by one in single positions with used banks.
- Loading Global file depends on how critical information you have there like #controllers/sliders or if you have renamed all KBD
set & Styles , since overwritting factory Global will delete the names of banks of new factory resources in user area.
But you can also Open Global folder and load only Max/vocals settings or midi routing you had created.

2) The best IMO method is to use your SET as Direct and decide later of what to copy and where ...
- Open your saved SET.ALL and load all files exept GLOBAL , STYLE & KEYBOARDSET.
- Go to Global/Mode Preferences/Media/ click Browse and assign your SET.ALL
From now on , when you select Direct you can use your SET as before with it's own global preferences/names and the rest of resources.

Hope this helps

Excellent Article Bravo, Bravo, Bravo !!
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@AntonySharmman,

Great article and useful as usual.
I didn't update yet personally but when I am ready I will do the suggestion number one.
The Direct option would be great in my case if it could read the SET which include the customized samples but unfortunately it does not.

Thanks
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read more carefully case 2 and it will ... just follow instructions !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Antony for your advice.

With method 1, could I simply move the new resources to user areas that I know I have not previously used, before I load my SET.ALL so that their original locations are preserved?

With your Method 1 as described, will Songbook entries still work out the location of styles and KBD sets that are used in a song entry?
Songbook+ app for iPad
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pa4x_user wrote:
With method 1, could I simply move the new resources to user areas that I know I have not
previously used, before I load my SET.ALL so that their original locations are preserved?
If you don't overwrite them while loading you user banks , they will be there untouched , so take care when loading your
user banks but also think about alternative 3rd solution if you have many favorite custom banks.

pa4x_user wrote:
With your Method 1 as described, will Songbook entries still work out the location of styles
and KBD sets that are used in a song entry?
I do not ever deal or use songbooks so I can't help you in that , but considering user issues with sonbook entries
after OS v2 , I believe that in method 2 , songbook entries will be addressed better in older set status as "Direct" SET.

BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Read more carefully case 2 and it will ... just follow instructions !
I will.
Thanks
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After upgrading to v2, I have used my previously saved SET.ALL and used the Global/Mode Preferences/Media to setup DIRECT Styles, Keyboards, etc.

It is also possible to copy-paste the new v2 Keyboard sets and Styles to the DIRECT pages if one wants.

-----------------

I can confirm that my custom Songbook/Setlists entries have been restored and work fine. (I have a problem with some transposes attached to Song entries, but I think I can work through that in the Global settings).
Songbook+ app for iPad
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pa4x_user wrote:
It is also possible to copy-paste the new v2 Keyboard sets and Styles to the DIRECT pages if one wants.

I remind to power users with filled custom resources that 3rd alternative option of article is the best solution for them !
This is a solid one SET option when all factory resources have been copied in empty user banks or positions.

kronos2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank You Antony.
I put all my usb save files from version 1.24 in the internal SD card, them in Global>Mode Preferences>Media>Browse...choose the SD Card in Direct Folder
When pressing User Direct located in the Style Mode (left) pop up the Style page and select Direct....Voila everything saved before ver. 2.0 is in that folder and playing my song from direct.
I notice that some Percusion Pads from ver 1.24 are different in ver. 2.0
In can't find Perc Latin 3, Perc Soft etc in the new version.
Thank again for your appreciated help.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Reply with quote

kronos2 wrote:
In can't find Perc Latin 3, Perc Soft etc in the new version.

I was not aware of that but taking for granted that older samples are also there , this means that those factory Sound
has been modified or renamed but they can still be recovered if you had saved a BKP file while under older OS
(that I always do in such cases) , find those there after restoring , copy them in user positions , save them in ALL format
individually , restore current BKP and load LostSounds.ALL/SOUND/User Perc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: