Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Burning Question"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
totofan

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: "Burning Question" Reply with quote

???--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a Triton Classic ProX and wish to save all my downloaded pcg files and samples to cdr. The trouble is that I now have many many coasters. I obviously have the SCSI interface and I have an external SCSI CDROM.
I have tried Nero, CDRWIN 4a, EasyCD creator 5 but to no avail. The files work ok when I put them on 3.5 floppy but not on the cd's I burn. I am using ISO9660 format (mode 1). I have also closed the session. I recently purchased a twin CD Trinity format drum loops CD. These work just fine. Mind you I put these in my computer and no files were showing, just 600mb of data when I checked the properties.
I also copied these CD's using Clone and put them in my SCSI CDROM. They still worked fine.
What is happening?? Can someone please HELP!
Pete.

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: "Burning Question" Reply with quote

It’s an ISO issue.

I’ll upload a tutorial later today with graphics attached on how this is all done.

Sharp.

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: "Burning Question" Reply with quote

Please allow all 8 images to load

How to create an ISO 9660 format CD that the Triton Can read using NERO.

You can download a 30 day trial of NERO from www.ahead.de
If you don’t have NERO, and don’t wish to download it, then please just adapt the settings I’m using in this tutorial to your own software.

1: Set NERO to display the following settings.

2: Set NERO to display the following settings.

3: Set NERO to display the following settings.

4: Set NERO to display the following settings.

5: Set NERO to display the following settings.

6: Set NERO to display the following settings, and then press “NEW”.

7: Click on the directory you wish to burn to CD from the right hand side of the screen to the left side as the image is demonstrating. NOTE: If your Directory has more than 8 characters, NERO will name it so it’s ISO compatible.

8: Click on the BURN button, a window will now popup. Click on “Write”.<br>Nero will now burn your disk.

Last edited by Sharp on Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
LIFECHANGER

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: "Burning Question" Reply with quote

I'm just getting used to Nero...thanks for putting the screens up in such a timely fasion.....as usual ;D
totofan

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: "Burning Question" Reply with quote

Hey Sharp...I fell honoured that you replied to me. I really do appreciate the effort. I will try this right away and let you know how it went.
P.S I have the full (purchased) version of Nero,
Thanks again
totofan

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: "Burning Question" Reply with quote

:'(
I did exactly as you said and still it doesn't work. Maybe it's my external SCSI drive. It's very old. But I'm confused..why is it reading the TRCD (Trinity Drum Loops) CDs?? On the sleeve of the CDs it says they are a "SCSI copy of a hard disc image". Is it possible that my external drive reads this special "Trinity" format and not ISO? I can load these drum loops into my Triton with no problems. Most of the files I am trying to burn are .pcg files. is this the problem? Should they be just samples??
Bye the way, my computer does not have a SCSI cdrom nor a SCSI card. Is this the problem. Do I need to try another drive and if so which one??
It would be so nice to try the 64 meg. piano, the VL project and have everything nice and neat on a couple of cd's!!!
P.S Is it possible to burn the Triton files to this "SCSI hard drive image"?
Thanks Sharp (and anyone else who would like to help a very frustrated Aussie).
P.S 2  Set of 18 nice new, shiny drink coasters for sale.....given away to anyone who solves this annoying problem!!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: "Burning Question" Reply with quote

Hi totofan.

First off, that Trinity CD is not ISO format. It’s actually FAT16. Which is a totally different monster to make altogether.

I honestly don’t know what to say. The steps above are right, and that’s exactly how it’s done. As you can see, it’s straight forward, and there’s nowhere you can go wrong. So, that leaves me to think maybe the CD-ROM drive is not suitable for use with the Triton. But, I’ve never seen or heard of something like that before.

All I can suggest is that you try get alone of a more recent model that your old one.

Sorry, I cant be much more help than that.

Regards.
Sharp.

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: "Burning Question" Reply with quote

Fancy an experiment.  ;D
I just had a memory flash. I remember reading something on an AKAI S1000 website a few years ago about old CD-ROM drives.

So, burn one more CD.
Use exactly the same settings as you did before…. “BUT” for Image two above, tick the Joliet box also.

Yes…I’m not going mad, and I know goes against ISO format, but I think it could work.

Try it.

Sharp.

jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: "Burning Question" Reply with quote

I wouldn't use the behavior of the Trinity Drum Loops CD as an indicator. At the time I made that the Trinity didn't support ISO9660 so I made a SCSI copy of my hard drive to make the master disks. So this means those CD's are FAT16 which is a "strange" format for a CD-ROM. Certain drives can see them and others can't, as it is a very non-standard thing - a CD-ROM in the format of a hard drive!

Shapr seems on a good track - the problem isn't likely the Triton, which will read a proper ISO9600 disc, but something in the software burning, or perhaps the quality of your media.

Regards,

Jerry
totofan

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: "Burning Question" Reply with quote

Hey guys.......thank you so much for your help. Wow Jerry you actually wrote those CD'S! They are very good. Can you recommend any others in Triton format with maybe some pads, strings, vocals??
As for this intriguing problem I have with burning, I had a thought. When I first got my external SCSI drive (Matsushita electronics manufacture date june 1996) I fiddled with the "jumpers" on the back of it, not knowing exactly what I was doing!
The pins are labelled as follows:
Audio GLGR, ID 1,2 & 4, Parity, Sector Size, Terminator and term power.
Could it be that I need to try swapping the jumpers around?
P.S Sharp...I will try checking the Joliet box when I get a spare moment. TNX
I appreciate your help guys.
Pete.
totofan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: "Burning Question" Reply with quote

Cool
Hi guys. I finally did it! I sorted out my burning problem. I pulled out the jumper pin at the back of my SCSI drive marked "sector". It sees my ISO discs just fine. Now I can load the VL project etc.
Thanks to those who helped me through this.
What a great forum!!!! Cool
Tomcat
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: "Burning Question" Reply with quote

Sharp, that tutorial is so good that I think I will have to get a copy of Nero. I also think you should put it in the classics section. Cool

Tom ;D
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: "Burning Question" Reply with quote

Oops - I didn't actually program or play the data - it came from some of the best drum titles in the industry at the time. Steve Gadd, Peter Erskine, NYC drummer and percussion players, etc. etc.

I imported the files and resaved them, organized the data, wrote the manual, etc. etc. So it was a lot of work, but you're not listening to my playing. I wish!!

Smile

Sorry for not seeing this thread in a while - it's too hard to keep up.

We're working on some more titles, but right now you can get William Coakley's acclaimed Perfect Piano in native Triton format. Check out his website for more info:

williamcoakley.com

Regards,

Jerry

[quote author=totofan link=board=korgsupport;num=1022382515;start=0#9 date=05/28/02 at 23:08:23]Hey guys.......thank you so much for your help. Wow Jerry you actually wrote those CD'S! They are very good. Can you recommend any others in Triton format with maybe some pads, strings, vocals??
I appreciate your help guys.
Pete.[/quote]
hetyus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Where is the tutorial? Reply with quote

Hi Sharp!

The pictures of your tutorial are no more available, maybe because of the reconstruction of your site.
Could you link them again, or just write down shortly, what the important settings in Nero are?

I've already written the fourth disc with different settings, and always saw the nice "unformatted" label on the screen. Evil or Very Mad
I had a raw image of an old AKAI cd, and i burned it with Nero, and my Triton recognized it properly, so there is no prpblem with the drive, or the discs. Hopefully I only have an "ISO problem", so your tutorial would be very helpful for me.

Best regards,
hetyus
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This tutorial has now been repaired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Classic Threads All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: