Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FLStudio USB to midi DirectSynth Electribe VST

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ARKO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: FLStudio USB to midi DirectSynth Electribe VST Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm having a Electribe ESX-1 and EMX-1. I want to use FLStudio as my sequencer to send midi signals to my Electribe. I bought a Roland UM one USB midi interface.

1. Installed demo version of: http://www.directsynth.com/catalog/
2. In FLStudio midi settings:
2.1. Output:
- UM-One
- Selected: Send master key
- Selected: Port 1
2.2. Input:
- UM one
- Selected: Enable
- Port: 1
3. Fl studio > Channels > Direct ESX (or EMX) VST
4. Direct VST is loading and showed
5. On my Electribe
6. Patern > Shift > Clear patern
7. Midi:
7.1. Clock ext
7.2. Midi channel: 01

Now the VST say's: ESX not detected. I remeber by connecting the Electribes together I needed to go to midi utility on the Electribe, and change the midi util filter.

I already trying for some day's to connect FLStudio to my Electribe, I don't get it working. Is there someone that please can help me? I'm getting a little frustrated Smile

Kind of regards,
ARKO
insenico

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using different ports for in and out. And make sure your VST is configured to communicate with these same ports.
Filters on the electribe should be PCEN OOOO
Hercules RMX2
Novation Launchkey Mini
FL Studio12
Traktor2
ARKO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, you have the same setup like me. Can you please try it, and tell me how it works? The demo version is free.

How to set the midi port on the VST in FLStudio and the Electribe?
insenico

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Electribe you just need to put the right Midi filters, I think it's under MIDI Utilities / Filters. You'll see PCEN (Program, Clock, Event, Notes), they all should be enabled (0000, not XXXX).

In FL studio you have two things, the main configuration and the VST configuration . For the main configuration, go to MIDI Settings, and you'll see all your devices listed, you'll find your Electribe in both lists, IN and OUT (in my case I have the Electribe chained MIDI-Thru my keyboard, so I choose that keyboard instead), and you have to select a unique Port Number, choose any number, Let's say 11 for In, 12 for out.
Then in your VST, you'll click the little gear icon (config), Processing, and under MIDI you'll see some boxes to specify the ports, select the same ports you defined for in (11) and out (12). That will let the VST know that it has to communicate with that specific hardware (your Electribe) and not any other.

I don't know what type of communication you need for that VST to work, in my case I use Notes (I can play notes from.FL to the Electribe), Clock (I have the EMX-1 in external, FL controls the time by enabling the send master clock option - SYNC), Events (I can play/stop from my keyboard)...

I hope this helps.
Hercules RMX2
Novation Launchkey Mini
FL Studio12
Traktor2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: