Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW VOLCA PREDICTIONS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: NEW VOLCA PREDICTIONS Reply with quote

Well, its been a while. IF a new volca is in the works, when do you think we will see it, and what will it be?

Some thoughts -
wavetable synthesizer
vocoder
mini electribe (!)
granular
semi-modular w/ patch points (!)

and of course, as speculated previously - a volca mixer
and maybe a volca sequencer (maybe a more beefed up sq1)
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good suggestions there.
The wave table one would be nice.
And the semi modular would be keepin up with boutique companies like Bastl.
There's no dedicated FX box in the list ,but I guess they could rope that with the mixer.
jeftones

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be cool to see new volcas but im thinking that since Tatsuya Takahashi is no longer chief engineer at Korg it may be unlikely.

that being said a wavetable volca would be pretty rad.
jreign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I thought the same about Tatsuya leaving Korg. I hope they continue the Volca line.

This could be the closest we get to a Volca Mixer... 3 channels only:( http://www.patchblocks.com/patchblocks/31-audio-mixer-3-channel-mixer-effect-cue-0752454277209.html

Non-Korg: OP-1, PO-12/20/28
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volca KS for Karplus-Strong.

Volca Spectrum for FFT-based additive synthesis.

Another big vote for the Volca Semi-modular, and of course the Volca Wave.
eowyn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesss all the above! except the mini-electribe maybe, because I'd rather buy the real one then Wink I also like to see some of the IOS Gadgets come to live eventually. The Volcas are such a great concept, I hope Korg won't abandon them anytime soon...
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volca Spectrum FFT sure would be somethin.
You don't often see spec synthesis in hardware form for some reason. Too processor intensive is it?
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volca Wavestation with user sample option.....well if a Volca FM is possible, why not Volca Vector?

To tell the truth, I think it's time for Korg to let the Volca's go. The VKick is a beast and can almost beat a real MS-20 at it. Roland are playing catch-up with their "Boutique" series, so how about Korg set the stage for Roland's next X0X reissue form-factor by releasing a new range of "toys" for serious musicians? The 'logues are killing it right now, so more of the same maybe, but with a bit of a sideways step into other forms of sound synthesis. The market has a good 'affordable analogue' range available from a few companies, with the crest of a hybrid wave forming in the way of the Novation Peak and the (way more expensive) Waldorf Quantum on the way. Korg was responsible for many great sounding hybrids from the 80's, albeit simple ones using DCO's and analogue filters. They were also responsible for one of the most incredible and ambitious additives synths ever. I'd like to see those two endeavours repeated, though in one synth. But I'm repeating myself now, as I've started a rant about what next elsewhere here already. Anxious
slug

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jreign wrote:
Yeah I thought the same about Tatsuya leaving Korg. I hope they continue the Volca line.

This could be the closest we get to a Volca Mixer... 3 channels only:( http://www.patchblocks.com/patchblocks/31-audio-mixer-3-channel-mixer-effect-cue-0752454277209.html

I prefer the higher spec of the WMD Performance mixer, but it needs a Eurorack housing as it isn't standalone.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of portable 3.5mm battery operated mixers...

http://www.bastl-instruments.com/instruments/dude/

The Dude looks really good.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jreign wrote:

Patchblocks, meh. I bought one thinking 'yeah great a reprogrammable sound/effects module". Yeah it is that, but it's also a massive hassle to program. I know I don't need to program the mixer, but I'm really disappointed by their first product and don't really want to give them anymore money. Plus:

Spheric El wrote:
Speaking of portable 3.5mm battery operated mixers...

http://www.bastl-instruments.com/instruments/dude/

The Dude looks really good.

Yup that does look good. I already have a Microgranny earmarked for purchase next pay, I'm really impressed by Bastl. They even have a patchblock-like product that can be purchased preprogrammed as a particular device. No need to go to electronic engineering school before you use them!
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bastl yes!
Lovely company and community ethos.
moontom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: why not Volca Percussion? Reply with quote

I really need a percussion groovebox, don't care if it's samples or analog modeled or analog -- clave, conga, djembe, maracas, etc.
with the stutter and swing pls!
pmboos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Never too soon... Reply with quote

It's never too soon to get started on trying to influence Korg's direction (or to try and guess where they are going...)

So what do we think the next step is in the Korg Volca line? or where do we want it to go.

My top thoughts of what I'd like to see is (in order of preference as of right now):

Vocoder
Chiptune Synth
Wavetable Synth (or even just a DW type synth)

What are y'all hoping to see?
pmboos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: why not Volca Percussion? Reply with quote

[quote="moontom"]I really need a percussion groovebox, don't care if it's samples or analog modeled or analog -- clave, conga, djembe, maracas, etc.
with the stutter and swing pls![/quote]

That would be cool... sort of like the old DDM-220 with more realistic sounds? There is a super bass like African drum related to a Djembe that sounds awesome. Timpani would be awesome especially if you can adjust the pitch while playing. (Log drum would be another.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: