Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Cool things Happened (or you achieved) since the Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: What Cool things Happened (or you achieved) since the Kronos Reply with quote

Not meant to be a braggy topic, but some bragging is ok Smile

Here are some things that should have happened for me :

- I got better looking and lost weight
- people beat down my door for a signed CD
- my bank account has many more #'s in it , than before

I know, a hard act to follow Wink
holdsg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have been able to get my current Who Tribute gig without it. The better sounds got me the gig.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dog died
My wife left me
lost my job

No just kidding, the only thing that really happened was me spending more time with music. And getting more confident with my playing skills.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holdsg wrote:
I wouldn't have been able to get my current Who Tribute gig without it. The better sounds got me the gig.

good for you. In addition to sounding good, i think the Kronos elevates our skill , performance . An inspiring keyboard.

FYI, I am using the Won't Get Fooled organ patch for another cover song. I am a few days from completing the tune.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
The dog died
My wife left me
lost my job

No just kidding, the only thing that really happened was me spending more time with music. And getting more confident with my playing skills.

my wife says I am obsessed with my music. Of course, she is right. Its an obsession. I can't think of a better obsession Smile
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - Great, warm and admirable encounters
2 - And one day : What a day ! This day in 2011 I sat in front of my Kronos and I have created a song called "L'Edition du Soir" which was so decisive : Finally I became really myself in music. It is, IMHO , the only valuable aim to tend toward to.
3 - Also, I think music continually makes ourselves better in all other parts of our life. Yes ! 🌞

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't claim anything as cool as you guys can. I have always wanted a synth and when the Kronos came out I was bit by the bug worse then when I encountered my first D-50 at a music store. Now I still can't play well but I can play some and I learn more everyday. I have even collected a couple smaller synths so I think it has opened up all kinds of possibilities for me. Makes me wish I didn't travel for a living because it doesn't seem to leave much time for music but what time I have is fun and when the Kronos comes on my daughter is right there to mess with it with me. That alone makes it worth the price of admission, in a couple more years she will be to old to be hanging with dad.
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play in a duo to quartet that uses the sequencer 100% of the time. Then with some additions, all the way to 10 pieces where I use the sequence about 60% of the time. At least once, but sometimes 3-4 times every gig someone will come up to me (going on or coming back from a break) and tell me how real everything sounds and where is all the sound coming from? This happened occasionally with my Triton Studio. But not like does now. People are amazed.
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
Jogger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the Kronos since January but only recently had the opportunity to use it on a gig. This was necessary because it forced me to create combis and set list. Just so easy to get caught up jamming on the loaded combis and exploring sounds that I put learning the board off.
The gig required creating combis and splits my old board did. But they requested a 90s hiphop rap medley my old board didn't have sound effects to do.
The Kronos really made heads turn with the numerous sounds coming out. The setlist feature is fantastic.
I did have trouble learning how to get started due to trying to use a 25 second sample played on one key and create a program with it to use with a combi. Still have to learn that. I could load it off Usb stick and play it. But had trouble in Global and somehow lost other preload samples. Reloaded
the files that where on disc and they restored. So I just left it at that and created numerous combis.
So much to learn with this board. Also I own a Mojo and since that is computer based I sometimes experienced performance issues with current. Got a UPS and bought boards have not given me any problems in that regard.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPROBERTLA wrote:
I play in a duo to quartet that uses the sequencer 100% of the time. Then with some additions, all the way to 10 pieces where I use the sequence about 60% of the time. At least once, but sometimes 3-4 times every gig someone will come up to me (going on or coming back from a break) and tell me how real everything sounds and where is all the sound coming from? This happened occasionally with my Triton Studio. But not like does now. People are amazed.

heavy SEQ user here. Every Song has 12 or more midi tracks plus 2 or 3 WAV's.

When I have friends/family over, they are amazed. And get curious to how it all works.

Same with my Songs on CD or stream- I get remarks from acquaintances wondering how I did it.

Kronos is a tremendous tool. I use it 100% for all tracks. Early 2018, when I have a break, I have plans to work in MS and Omnis but I am in no hurry.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite features of the Kronos is that it's also a sampler on top of the best synth/piano/organ/everything together.

So I'm recreating all the best sounds (that I've made sure to record) from the previous instruments I owned before I sold them to buy my Kronos. Cool At some point, I might decide to share a few of them for free just for fun.
Gunnar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Kronos one and a half year ago now, and for me it has been a huge boost to my music. I only play by myself at home in my little home studio, composing the odd symphonic/prog/metal type stuff. I don't gig or play commercially. I do software development for a living, so when times are busy, music has to take a back seat Sad

Now, prior to getting Kronos I hadn't owned a hardware board in a few years and with small kids and busy work, I hadn't really had a good chance to practice and play music, and certainly not make any new music. And in addition, I've always felt I suffered from latency and lack of control in VSTs, so the few of those I've been toying with, never did it for me. So, I'd basically had a downtown for several years, where I only played the occasional stuff on the piano and being neither creative nor productive.

As time grew less sparse I wanted to start investing a bit into music again, and decided on getting the Kronos. I originally thought I wanted a Nord Stage, but after a lot of reading and experimenting, I landed on the Kronos instead, and I'm so extremely pleased with that decision. The combination of subtractive synthesis with AL-1, MS-20; great piano from SGX and nice organ from CX-3 and a lot of good samples and sounds from HD-1, combined with splitting, layering, AMS and effects, I for the first time have an instrument that allows me to create the sounds and noise I hear in my head. (Well, perhaps not always and not perfectly, I'm not that good a sound designer, but close enough that I am happy with it).

And besides, the Kronos comes with this forum which is populated by very nice, helpful and knowledgable individuals and great discussions, so although I'm mostly a lurker, I'm learning a lot of things here and enjoy the forum immensely.

So, yeah.. The Kronos for me has been a huge deal. It is at the heart of all musical things I do, and I focus a lot of free time on music these days. All my family can attest to that! And I'm slowly putting together an album, that I might even release properly one day. I doubt it would have been the same with another instrument Smile
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunnar wrote:
I got the Kronos one and a half year ago now, and for me it has been a huge boost to my music. I only play by myself at home in my little home studio, composing the odd symphonic/prog/metal type stuff. I don't gig or play commercially. I do software development for a living, so when times are busy, music has to take a back seat Sad

Now, prior to getting Kronos I hadn't owned a hardware board in a few years and with small kids and busy work, I hadn't really had a good chance to practice and play music, and certainly not make any new music. And in addition, I've always felt I suffered from latency and lack of control in VSTs, so the few of those I've been toying with, never did it for me. So, I'd basically had a downtown for several years, where I only played the occasional stuff on the piano and being neither creative nor productive.

As time grew less sparse I wanted to start investing a bit into music again, and decided on getting the Kronos. I originally thought I wanted a Nord Stage, but after a lot of reading and experimenting, I landed on the Kronos instead, and I'm so extremely pleased with that decision. The combination of subtractive synthesis with AL-1, MS-20; great piano from SGX and nice organ from CX-3 and a lot of good samples and sounds from HD-1, combined with splitting, layering, AMS and effects, I for the first time have an instrument that allows me to create the sounds and noise I hear in my head. (Well, perhaps not always and not perfectly, I'm not that good a sound designer, but close enough that I am happy with it).

And besides, the Kronos comes with this forum which is populated by very nice, helpful and knowledgable individuals and great discussions, so although I'm mostly a lurker, I'm learning a lot of things here and enjoy the forum immensely.

So, yeah.. The Kronos for me has been a huge deal. It is at the heart of all musical things I do, and I focus a lot of free time on music these days. All my family can attest to that! And I'm slowly putting together an album, that I might even release properly one day. I doubt it would have been the same with another instrument Smile

Good story. I think you made a wise choice on the Kronos.

I currently have a 17 song (home) CD/album- 100% Kronos, using the SEQ
SteelBreeze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got My Kronos on 3/28/16.
First gig was 4 days later. In front a crowd of 1000. A month or so after that we (Aperco) opened for Deep Purple in front of 10,000 peeps.
In total? My musical career became professional and my first big gigs were done with my Kronos.
Love it to bits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: