Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dear Korg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
exsequor699

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject: Dear Korg Reply with quote

Hello. Today Korg sale period ends. I am going to share a letter from mister Kurt Ader to the Korg team, from earlier this year. Sadly, its been a while since I purchase libraries because of the need of more Program banks.

"Dear KORG,
Thank you so much for the new update 3.14 that removes the limitation of EXs installation but it would be great if you continue to support your flagship users!
It would be great if you expand the dark mode and also the program banks like the Nautilus!
I know there is a cost involved but your KRONOS users will really thank you!
The majority of users would even be willing to pay for such an extensive update!
Please listen to us!!!!
All the best,
Kurt
KApro kurt ader productions"

pete.m

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with that. I'd be very happy to have the capacity to replace the GM banks that I never use with my own.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete.m wrote:
I'd be very happy to have the capacity to replace the GM banks that I never use with my own.

Same!
janrhansen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete.m wrote:
Have to agree with that. I'd be very happy to have the capacity to replace the GM banks that I never use with my own.

Not sure if the GM banks is software loaded or hardcoded, but if they made extra banks for the Nautilus, can't be that hard to make a system update that can load x amount of banks extra. I could live with that there arent physical knobs available to select them, but that could propably be solved too by using a combination of knobs to select them.

Theoretically it's just a question of how much of the ram is used for holding program banks. It's something I have been wondering about myself.

Fair enough that they don't want to spent the time on building the OS as 64 bit, even It really shouldn't be that difficult but every newer Kronos 2 have 4gb installed by default, and many have upgraded their Kronos "1". Even it is limited to about 3.4gb by the 32bit OS, but it is wasted memory that could be assigned for a ram disk before loading the synth OS which could be used for such things as extra software sound banks.
timg11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a design concept for expanding program storage banks in 2015, which started a thread.

Dan at Korg chimed in, and argued against every suggestion and option that was offered for more program banks. Basically, his position was 1) expanding program banks would take memory away from sample storage, which he feels is more important. 2) He didn't think making expanded programs an optional mode (like Live vs Studio mute mode) would be practical.

Read the thread and see if I missed anything.

Last edited by timg11 on Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedja
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent
Suggestions!!! Special thanks to Mr. Kurt Ader for the letter.
I'm just afraid that Korg is too arrogant, and won't take much notice of this.
Many thanks to everyone who is trying to do something about the OS update.
My music: https://soundcloud.com/pedjak-1
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2017/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
http://moca.virtual.museum/dablog/dablog02.htm
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2019/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
https://www.saatchiart.com/PedjaK
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be this enhancement or another one, we've asked many things to Korg, along the years.
But the sad reality is : Korg absolutely don't care of customers, no-thing.
So the Kurt message is very kind and he did so great work on the Kronos. But I'm quite sure Korg will remain in its deaf attitude.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Dear Korg Reply with quote

exsequor699 wrote:
Hello. Today Korg sale period ends. I am going to share a letter from mister Kurt Ader to the Korg team, from earlier this year. Sadly, its been a while since I purchase libraries because of the need of more Program banks.

"Dear KORG,
Thank you so much for the new update 3.14 that removes the limitation of EXs installation but it would be great if you continue to support your flagship users!
It would be great if you expand the dark mode and also the program banks like the Nautilus!
I know there is a cost involved but your KRONOS users will really thank you!
The majority of users would even be willing to pay for such an extensive update!
Please listen to us!!!!
All the best,
Kurt
KApro kurt ader productions"

To: Kurt Ader Productions
RE: yet another complaint

Dear Mr. Ader,
Thank you for being a customer and for your continued interest in our legacy products. But in these difficult times, our focus has to be on our current lineup. May I suggest you use your hard earned money and buy a Nautilus? We’ve made many enhancements to the design and you might find your needs met by giving us more money and buying more of our products.

Sincerely,
Korg USA
BlackForest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...KORG, seriously!? This guy was in a funny mood or what?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Dear Korg Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:

Thank you for being a customer and for your continued interest in our legacy products.

I think this one line (emphasis mine) should be copied and pasted into every thread on the forum requesting enhancements. In just a few words it explains very clearly why there will never be any further Kronos (or Oasys, or Trton, or...) updates.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't seriously believe that response was real, do you? Funny in a dark-humored mood for sure, but it's not real.

Jerry
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jerry!!!
So nice to "hear" you again after so many years!!!

Best Regards,
Dimitris
timg11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:
I posted a design concept for expanding program storage banks in 2015, which started a thread.

Dan at Korg chimed in, and argued against every suggestion and option that was offered for more program banks. Basically, his position was 1) expanding program banks would take memory away from sample storage, which he feels is more important. 2) He didn't think making expanded programs an optional mode (like Live vs Studio mute mode) would be practical.

After his 2015 rebuttal of expanding program banks, it would be interesting to hear Dan at Korg's perspective on how the Nautilus is able to offer additional program banks, while still apparently subject to the 4G total RAM limit of the legacy 32 bit OS. Is the memory reclaimed by removing Karma equal to the memory size of the added program banks?
exsequor699

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:
timg11 wrote:

After his 2015 rebuttal of expanding program banks, it would be interesting to hear Dan at Korg's perspective on how the Nautilus is able to offer additional program banks, while still apparently subject to the 4G total RAM limit of the legacy 32 bit OS. Is the memory reclaimed by removing Karma equal to the memory size of the added program banks?

Agreed. In general, Korg’s response about these subjects is kind of disappointing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: