Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP+ - Any way to avoid overdubbing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
insenico

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: KP+ - Any way to avoid overdubbing? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Has anybody found a way to record sound for the exact duration of the bank loop? (e.g. 16beats)
When I record patterns sometimes I don't lift my finger exactly at the time the loop starts repeating itself and I end up with either a gap in sound (if I lift before beat 1 starts again) or an overdubbed pattern (at the beginning of the first beat you'll hear a volume peak because for some milliseconds the pattern has been recorded twice).
Many loop recorders are designed to avoid this, but I haven't found a way on the KP+ to get this done. Has anybody found a way to prevent this nuisances?
Hercules RMX2
Novation Launchkey Mini
FL Studio12
Traktor2
IXix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that's one of the many frustrating things about the Kaossilator Pro. If they'd just put a little bit more thought into it, it could have been so much better.

How much extra would it have cost to implement a way to automatically stop recording at the end of one pass?
markxl1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one a few weeks back. There's always an audio editor to load in perfect loops but I do it the way mentioned below.

I have only one kick/hat one bar loop (made using gadget loaded into 00 ALL file and sample 0 on loop A) .... I'll fill up the kaossillator pro + in a session or two no problems.

I find a beat/tune I like online then press loop A with my sample in time with the tune to find the BPM ( some websites actually state the BPM of the song Smile )

When I'm happy,feeling good and all in sync, I press the record button on it's own and then hit loop B to record the 4 bar loop and hit B to get out with perfect timing. I then depress record and mute loop B, then arm record again and hit loop C then D the same way. I even delete A while still running live then arm loop A to record.
Some feckers actually stretch their loops and you'll never catch it right unless you adjust the BPM slightly or use an external audio editor.

Another fun thing to do is to to record loop A for example and when you hit loopA again to exit you hit loopB at the same time with your other finger then loop C when you hit out of B etc. Occasionally you can nail it but there's a lot of trial and error.........
love to swap some ALL files with peeps out there.
some days are frustrating but some days are awesome Smile
markxl1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if there are any secret codings in the way it samples to smooth things out automatically at start/end of sampling but I have noticed better results if you set your input level at 50/60% ( 12-2 o'clock ) green/amber.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: