Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings and a question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rileym65

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Greetings and a question Reply with quote

Hello all. I just joined this forum and would like to say hello. And ask a question. I would like an honest assessment of the Krome. I see there are some topics where people have had hardware issues, which I expect from any product. But, it has been my experience that those who have problems are way more vocal than those who do not. So I would like to get some opinion from those more silent people, the ones who have had this keyboard for awhile and are having good experiences with it.

My past experience with Korg equipment is an MS-20 Mini that I bought 3 or 4 years ago which is working great. I also have a Wavestation that is well over 20 years old and other than the backlight no longer working, the synth itself is still working great.

At only $1200 for for the 73 key version of the Krome, I consider this keyboard to be on the cusp of consumer grade and musician grade, so I understand that it is not the same quality as higher end gear. The keybed itself is of little concern to me since I use a high end midi controller for my actual play/production work, so this keyboard is more for a sound source to replace my aging Wavestation (which I now use the WS soft synth for the WS sounds) than actual play, although I can see myself dinking with the internal sequencer for just ad hoc messing around, while doing my real work in my DAW system. I rarely use factory patches and tend much more to program my own patches, the sound engine in the Krome is one I understand and know how to program, which is why I am looking at this keyboard in the first place. The Kronus is just out of my league at this point in time, so it is not under consideration.

So, opinions, Is this a reasonable keyboard? Are there more users having good experiences with this device than those very vocal ones having bad experiences?

Thanks in advance for your opinions, and I am glad to be part of the group.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: