Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio issues and glitches iMac Sierra, Kronos and Ableton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Pedro,

I think the history of this problem has been lost lately in the flurry of discussions relating to the current Mac hardware and OS.
I was certainly aware of this back a few years and I remember talking about the issue with the Kronos on Mavericks here, back a couple of years ago.

From my experience, it began with Mavericks, but was isolated to only certain hardware, I think mainly the newer Macs. I had a 2012 Mac Air which didn't have the problem, but a 2015 retina which did.
It seemed at first, that tweaking Logic or Mac audio settings went someway to eliminating the problem at the time. Then with each progressive OS update, any "tweaking" had less and less effect, so too did the success between variance in hardware.
It seems we are now faced with pretty much all Mac hardware having this problem on Sierra and High Sierra.

This also may explain why some folk still have success running El Capitan on certain hardware, which is back far enough to be variant in what hardware it runs on.

It would be nice at least to know that Apple also acknowledge this. Sometimes you just want to have your concerns validated so you have some hope that in the future it may be addressed.
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DeltaJockey, for a good conjunctive summary.

To date,we don't really know how many are affected by these problems,but even if it only concerns a handful,that would be far too many,especially when using today's technology.
It is not unreasonable to expect proper results between a flagship keyboard and a high end computer.

Apple and Korg are aware of audio problems, but no helpful suggestions nor possible solutions seem forthcoming.

Although the Kronos is class compliant,it may help matters by having a specific device driver for mac computers.
However,probably both parties expect users to use additional gear to combat the ongoing problems and don’t want to get involved any further.

Best Wishes.
bmtg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What additional gear would solve this, with the same functionality?

bmtg
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An audio interface has worked for some,apparently.

The Focusrite seems to be a popular choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: