Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E2S - Late to the 'party'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
itsthedevil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: E2S - Late to the 'party' Reply with quote

So I bought the e2s before looking at the reviews. While i was waiting to arrive I stupidly read them. What a piece of trash - it hadn't even arrived and I had it up on gumtree already! Absolutely gutted.

Until it arrived! Had it for a couple of months now and i absolutely love it. Every time I pick it up I am inspired (i seriously mean that un-pretentiously.) I have managed to create full on ambient textures all the way to banging Acid.

I can see that the menu surfing could be a pain, but it is what it is. Every time I think I've cracked it, there is something new, deep and vast.

Another thing, it is so liberating to get away from a laptop screen. As a heavy Ableton user - this is the breath of fresh air that I need!
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good.
Is this your only piece of hardware ?
Do you make your own samples often with this machine ?
itsthedevil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the minute, this is my only synth type equipment. I have in the past owned a kaossilator, microkorg, er-1 and an esx. I also use ableton with an apc40.

I haven't made any of my own samples just yet however I have imported some of my samples created in ableton.

I had initially bought this to noodle around on whilst the other half watches the telly and space out with the headphones on but it is so easy to use and inspirational, I might see if I can support a mate with a half an hour set soon!
Neon Horn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, you've made a great purchase. I've used plenty of different types of hardware & software, but the E2S is defiantely near the top (if not the top) of the list.
DigitalCrickets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely agree! I've had my E2S for two whole days, found it instantly inviting and inspiring. I just got around to loading some of my own samples tonight using an app found here:

http://www.appification.de/ElectribeSampleManager/

Took me a few tries before reading that the .wav files need to be 16bit/44khz to load properly. Now? I'll probably spend all day tomorrow making more sounds for it.
Yamaha DX200
Waldorf Blofeld
Roland SE-02
Roland JX-03
Novation K-Station
Korg Electribe2 Sampler

https://digitalcrickets.bandcamp.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: