Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Kronos Ipad App...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: A Kronos Ipad App... Reply with quote

I would love to see a dedicated Kronos Ipad app..
Not just an edditor, but an app that adds functionallity.

The ipad would use the Kronos as a USB audio device.

Things that would come with the app..
- gadget would be integrated with the app
- gadgets and other ipad instruments could be used as ext instruments from Kronos
- new future high end engines for gadget including vox and farfisa
- AU unit support
- Audio Bus support
- build in sheetmusic and leadsheet reader
- high end Kronos edditor, i for example would love to see an analogue looking interface for AL-1
- all instruments would have preset controll schemes from the kronos EXt sections sliders knobs and buttons..
- the piano roll of the gadget could be used to edit midi events inside the kronos
- advanced file managament interface for the Kronos. Including save options locally on the ipad or on com ected external devices.
- karma edditor
- more backing engines, like an arranger supporting pa series styles..

There is so many things one could do with an ipad pro (espescially the large one sitting on a musicreaderstand behind the Kronos) the current series of ipads perform on par with a 2017 macbook pro i7, so that offers huge amounts of processing power..

What Korg needs to do, is taking care of the integration between the Kronos and an ipad, with a dedicated app... and then making it modular, so people can buy all the things they want to be part of their experience sepperately. So if you wanted the Karma to be part of your app, you could buy it. Same for gadget and the music reader.. but most important thing would be integration...

They could even create an ipand stand, with build in nanopads, so you would have the nanopads directly behind your Kronos touchscreen with the ipad pro above it..

Will this ever happen?
Sadly i dont think so, it will probably mostly stay inside my dreaming..
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a dream- but its a very nice wish list.

I am 101% sure that Korg will not do anything to distract from current Kronos sales.

But I think some kind of Kronos branded app would attract the small budget musician and start the loyalty process.

When i see posts like this, and I like the imagination, I often ask " what would you pay for this " ?

What would you realistically expect to pay ?
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
it is a dream- but its a very nice wish list.

I am 101% sure that Korg will not do anything to distract from current Kronos sales.

But I think some kind of Kronos branded app would attract the small budget musician and start the loyalty process.

When i see posts like this, and I like the imagination, I often ask " what would you pay for this " ?

What would you realistically expect to pay ?

I think the pay question is very interesting...

What would i pay...
i think prices like Apple currently uses for their iPad/gadgets should Apple to thuis app to..

However, things like the Karma editor should be on par Sith the Windows price of that editor...

For having arranger styles including the required sounds, i would even be prepared to pay several hundred dollars. If, its on par with the PA series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: