Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Routing USB Audio Input through Combi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johannes Arnstadt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Routing USB Audio Input through Combi Reply with quote

Hi Folks. Is there a posibility to route an audio input signal from USB-Audio inputs to a channel of a combi to have the posibility to mute the extern signal or to regulate the volume by channel-volume?
Has anybody an idea?
Johannes Arnstadt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Routing USB Audio Input through Combi Reply with quote

Has nobody any idea for this?
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the nine engines in the Kronos I have read certain ones ( I don't know which) can accept external audio as a tone source. It would then seem one such engine can be setup to receive the ext. audio and be placed in a combi slot. Then, anything that can be adjusted will apply to that slot as well.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
Qtipcore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johannes.

Are you trying to route USB Audio out trough the L/R and want to be able to mix/mute levels?
Just switch the control surface to "Audio".

From the operating guide:

AUDIO
AUDIO lets you use the control surface to adjust the volume, play/mute status, solo, pan, and send levels of the analog, S/P DIF, and USB audio inputs. In Sequencer mode, you can also choose to control audio tracks 1–8 (HDR 1‐Cool or 9–16 (HDR 9‐16).
As with TIMBRE/TRACK, if you switch to one of the other Control Assign modes, and then go back to AUDIO, it will automatically return to the previously selected group (Inputs, HDR 1‐8 or HDR 9‐16).
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason to not use sequencer mode which has all the benefits of Combi mode plus added audio tracks that take directly from the Various input sources.
But yes you can route audio into certain EXi synth engines and put the resulting program to a combi timbre for volume control, mute and any other timbre controls.

I tried routing audio through AL-1 some time ago and the sound was not as clear or loud as i hoped. But the parameter guide says that AL-1 uses its own dedicated routing which may be what changes the signal characteristics.

But yes you can run audio into certain EXi synth engine programs and then put the programs in a combi and have the combi controls affect the program audio in the same way it affects any other programs.
I suggest comparing the difference in how the audio sounds when run through AL-1 versus Mod-7 or MS-20EX. Just in case the sound is not what you want in AL-1

Find a MS-20EX, STR-1 or AL-1 program and then follow the tab pages to,
"Basic vector" tab page then look under that page for the tab "EXi Audio Input".

Parameter guide page 175
~~~~~~~~~~~
4–2a
4–2b
4–2PMC
These parameters let you route audio into EXi instruments which support audio input, including the STR-1, MS-20EX, and MOD-7. You can use this to create feedback loops, or to process live or recorded audio through the EXi’s synthesis engine.
EXi which do not support audio input will ignore these settings. The AL-1 supports audio input, but uses its own dedicated routing.
For more information on using audio inputs with EXi, see: AL-1: “4–3c: Sub OSC/Audio Input” on page 191
STR-1: “4-8c: Feedback” on page 273
MS-20EX: “6–1k: EXTERNAL SIGNAL PROCESSOR (ESP)” on page 315
MOD-7: “5–1f: EXi Audio Input” on page 361
You can override these settings, if desired, in Combination and Sequencer modes. For more information, see “2–6: EXi Audio Input” on page 465 (Combi mode), and “2-6: EXi Audio Input” on page 576 (Sequencer mode).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: