Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4X Questions (Keyboard Sets, Variations)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
isaacl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: PA4X Questions (Keyboard Sets, Variations) Reply with quote

Still setting up my PA4X (thanks Frank!), but the whole keyboard sets thing has me somewhat confused, coming from performances on the PA3X.
Is there any way to have the keyboard set not change the left/backing sound and that volume (guess that would be similar to Yamaha's freeze functionality), or to not save that with the keyboard set to begin with?
Or does it always include settings for all the sounds and parts?
I have a bunch of performances that I'm moving over from my 3X, and they all have the left sound and volume set...

Also, how can I set the default variation on a style?
I have a few styles that I moved over from my 3X, but the default variation has switched back to 1, instead of what it was before.

Thanks a lot!
isaacl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?

Thanks!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Still setting up my PA4X (thanks Frank!), but the whole keyboard sets thing has me somewhat confused, coming from performances on the PA3X.
Is there any way to have the keyboard set not change the left/backing sound and that volume (guess that would be similar to Yamaha's freeze functionality), or to not save that with the keyboard set to begin with?
Or does it always include settings for all the sounds and parts?
I have a bunch of performances that I'm moving over from my 3X, and they all have the left sound and volume set...

Your PERFORMANCES should come across to the PA4X and convert to keyboard sets including LOWER sound etc..
KEYBOARD SETs will comprise all the sounds with their volume/panning etc.. settings.... but...maybe I've misunderstood you ( Embarassed )
Quote:
Also, how can I set the default variation on a style?
I have a few styles that I moved over from my 3X, but the default variation has switched back to 1, instead of what it was before.

I am not sure why this has happened but I have come from PA3X and all my styles have maintained their VAR/INTRO etc.. settings.
Can you explain how you "moved" them over please?

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
isaacl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply and info!

karmathanever wrote:

Your PERFORMANCES should come across to the PA4X and convert to keyboard sets including LOWER sound etc..
KEYBOARD SETs will comprise all the sounds with their volume/panning etc.. settings.... but...maybe I've misunderstood you ( Embarassed )

Correct, that's what seems to have happened, but I'd love to find a way to "freeze" the left/backing sound and settings, so that's not affected by the performance - is that possible?
Or do I have to change the settings in each one?

karmathanever wrote:
I am not sure why this has happened but I have come from PA3X and all my styles have maintained their VAR/INTRO etc.. settings.
Can you explain how you "moved" them over please?

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

I saved everything from the PA3X to a set, and I'm now loading in the banks or individual items where necessary.
The styles on the PA3X had a default variation (don't remember how it was set), which let it start playing variation 2, for example, when I first select the style, instead of always starting with variation 1 by default.
Is there any way to set that on the PA4X?

Thanks a lot!
Marcel Munter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In My settings lower volume 0 than save it

GLOBAL-LOCK-LOWER (lock it)

then you have freeze the lower everytime

Greetings Marcel
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I saved everything from the PA3X to a set, and I'm now loading in the banks or individual items where necessary.

Please consider Direct Access - saved me hours of loading styles - just used my PA3X SET as a Direct Access set for quite a while and gradually moved/copied things at my leisure.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your solution was already provided by Marcel !
- Use "My Settings" TAB in order to save the required state of KBD SET you need for all Styles , press for 2 seconds
TAB and save settings then goto Global and lock Lower sound or any other function for all Styles.
- If you directly load the STYLE folder of your older Pa3X.SET then all variations setting will be untouched , but if you
enter Record Mode , edit and write back a style then preset variation and intro settings will be lost because of a bug
that still exists there after OS V.2 (notified in bugs topic).
- If you need a style to start with Intro 2 and then enter in Variation 2 , then select this style again (do not start it) ,
press Variation 2 TAB , then press Intro 2 , go to screen upper menu , execute 3rd option of "Write Current Style Settings"
and done ...

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
isaacl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all!

Going to try the lock feature, forgot it was there, thanks!

And I never edited the styles, but forgot about the "Write Current Style Settings" option, going to try that, thanks a lot!

And I'd rather move everything over at this point and make sure that I get it set up correctly, since I'm hoping to sell my PA3X soon, and I don't want to have to keep going back and checking things on there, so the sooner I can set up the PA4X fully and finish with referencing the PA3X, the better.

I do have to try the Direct Access feature though, I used it on Yamaha all the time, just not sure if I need it here, once everything's set up...
isaacl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to follow up on this (and in case anyone else runs into the same issue) -

Turns out the default variation in each style was saved on the PA3X and loaded correctly on the PA4X, but for some reason, the Style Element lock was enabled (presumably by default, as I don't remember changing it) on the PA4X, and it therefore never showed up correctly.

Thanks a lot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: