Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Many Problems with My Pa4X
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernie9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

I am now sure that the problem was in the backup file. When I upgraded, I forgot to do a save all, and the OS loaded without incident. I looked to see about an older backup and loaded that for my global direct set. Things seemed okay for a few days, but started noticing little things wrong. I deselected my direct assignment and assigned a newer one I had found a few days ago. After two days of trying all of operations, all seems rock solid. We'll see how it goes.
Hammond SK1
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've wrote in the past , V2 sound resources do not need to be re-loaded for any case of troubleshooting if have been successfully installed.
From now on , if you want to ensure that OS works fine and you want to restore V2 factory resources , load latest OS v2.0.1 and then
from MEDIA/UTILITY make a factory restore !

Bernie9 , a BKP backup under older than OS V2 is useless for your current Pa4X state ,
YourSET.SET is all you need to load now.
But there is a case that a SET saved under older OS to work better as "Direct" SET after loading sound resources first.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=111010

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Bernie9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Antony,
With your technical acumen, I am trying to get this right. I have the old direct set I use now in HD and DISK. I am not sure what location I used to establish the global link, and I don't know that it matters at this point, as long as it registers my changes.

In reading your former post that was linked, I am a little fuzzy on creating the second set, and if I don't do a lot of custom work, I wonder if it is necessary for me unless I do a factory reset.

At any rate, your expertise is truly appreciated.

Bernie
Hammond SK1
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally all users as first , must load their entire older SET after upgrading to v2 sound resources & OS , and if some
references seem to be lost (mostly of Song book) then "Direct" SET is a good and working option for this case.
For me with one of the most complex commercial SETs of 800Mb , all worked as a charm with just loading the SET ,
but all contents were created exclusively in Pa4X !

Briefly , if you don't have custom samples & custom sounds in your old.SET , then it's not necessary to load anything
from it , just make a MEDIA/Factory Restore and use your old.SET as "Direct" SET where Global settings are working
better in older setup.
- In case that you have created only custom sounds from factory resources , then additionally open your old.SET and
load only the file "SOUND" (plus PAD if have been created).
- In both cases use your SET as Direct.
- But in this case resources you have loaded on your main Pa4X SET , must be saved as a second SET (called f.e. Main.SET)
and this is required in order Direct SET of your older resources to work properly !
- You never save Pa4X main resources in your Direct SET , since this will overwrite your old resources and especially older
Global file that contains valuable data of this SET that can't be properly translated by newer OS V.2 !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Bernie9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you have cautioned about using MEDIA to load saved SETS, please give the the steps to save the f.e. MAIN SET.
Hammond SK1
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernie9 wrote:
Since you have cautioned about using MEDIA to load saved SETS, please give the the steps to save the f.e. MAIN SET.

When you will finish your setup with 'Direct' Set :
- Go to Media/Save/All , new set , select location (HD) , set a name like Main.SET , execute , done ... Laughing
- After factory restoring or loading another SET , place Main.SET and Direct in your HD , load Main.SET & also done ...

Bernie9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much-done
Hammond SK1
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Os 2.0.1
''Style to Kbd Set'' button works ok while in style mode,but doesnt work in songbook,so the only way to copy an STS from one entry to another is only possible via Songbook editor...any suggestions,or confirm?

Another bug i noticed,while in style edit mode , i use a Drumkit at Acc3, track type is set at Acc,not Dr. (cause at another variation i want to use normal sounds again) ,NTT Type: Fixed,Ntt table : No transpose.....
I save the style,but even when i play the right Key chord ,it doesnt play all drumkit's sounds right , some are changed,not all but some enough to destoy the arrangment. I remember it worked on my pa800,still cant find a solution for that.No hidden Cv's or chord table,just one Cv,everything should work,but not...can someone confirm that too?

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
Os 2.0.1
Another bug i noticed,while in style edit mode , i use a Drumkit at Acc3, track type is set at Acc,not Dr.
(cause at another variation i want to use normal sounds again) ,NTT Type: Fixed,Ntt table : No transpose.....
I save the style,but even when i play the right Key chord ,it doesnt play all drumkit's sounds right

A basic rule (and not a bug) since the birth of arrangers : A Drum Kit can't work as an ACC but only as Dr or Perc , mostly
because of DK structure.
We could use in the past a tricky way with no transpose and a certain root key tone (i don't remember what it was) but you must set all
ACC at this same root key and also use specific upper and lower notes orientation in that track , a workflow that do not worth the effort !
But this is actually a function violation and a properly designed OS should had prevented this from working !
Contrary , a "SOUND as a DK simulation that has MS arranged as DK , will work fine in a "non transope" configuration in Acc or Dr track !

Snoopy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
Os 2.0.1
''Style to Kbd Set'' button works ok while in style mode,but doesnt work in songbook,so the only way to copy an STS from one entry to another is only possible via Songbook editor...any suggestions,or confirm? ...

Hi,

you want to save STS1 from Style1 to STS3 from style2 ?

Then style2 MUST BE A USER-STYLE, otherwise you can´t write anything to it ( except you unlocked it in general mode )

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antony, range was A0-C8 ,so there is no way that was the reason,and yeah, you remember right,in older models we could do that.... Did i noticed that it didnt play right even at the given root key ? I would like someone to confirm that if possible!!!!

Snoopy,i don't want to copy STS between two styles,that can be easy done....i want to copy STS between songbook entries,and only way i found so far is via songbook editor on pc ,not songbook itself like used to do with older models

pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
Snoopy,i don't want to copy STS between two styles,that can be easy done....i want to copy STS between songbook entries,and only way i found so far is via songbook editor on pc ,not songbook itself like used to do with older models

There is also other way. First save STS to be copied as KeyboarSET, and next load this keyboardSET into SOnkBook Entry you had chosen.
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah,that's true,it can be done,forgot to mention that,thanx pawlikp100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: