Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed-Creating Program with Submarine/Sonar-like sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pram

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Help needed-Creating Program with Submarine/Sonar-like sound Reply with quote

Hello,
I am currently trying to create a Program on my M50 with a Submarine Sonar-like sound (something close to this: https://www.audiosparx.com/sa/summary/play.cfm/crumb.1/crumc.0/sound_iid.445424 ) and would appreciate any hints / advices / tutorials on the parameteres that might help me creating it. Smile

So far, I have been working around the Oscilators, using Multisamples like Cannon, Crickets and Drum Perc 03-Open, and am getting something close to what I want, but still probably have a long way to go, to get the sound design right.

Thanks!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a mono multisample called "Sonar" in ROM that could form the basis for creating a Program with the required sound.

Create a new Program (Program Bank E above E095 may contain some blank programs). In the Osc 1 section (menu page 2 Osc1 Basic), select Mono as the sample type then tap the arrow for the Osc 1 sound. This will create a dropdown menu. Select the Wavestation tab on the right and choose multisample 0476 Sonar. The sample is fairly short, but sounds continuously whilst a key is pressed, so it is possible to hear it repeating, with the repeats getting faster with higher notes. The rest is down to setting suitable attack, sustain and other parameters in the Page 4 Amp 1 EG tab, and adding effects.

Before doing any of this, in the Global Memory Protect section, ensure Program is unchecked.

Pram

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
There is a mono multisample called "Sonar" in ROM that could form the basis for creating a Program with the required sound.

Create a new Program (Program Bank E above E095 may contain some blank programs). In the Osc 1 section (menu page 2 Osc1 Basic), select Mono as the sample type then tap the arrow for the Osc 1 sound. This will create a dropdown menu. Select the Wavestation tab on the right and choose multisample 0476 Sonar. The sample is fairly short, but sounds continuously whilst a key is pressed, so it is possible to hear it repeating, with the repeats getting faster with higher notes. The rest is down to setting suitable attack, sustain and other parameters in the Page 4 Amp 1 EG tab, and adding effects.

Before doing any of this, in the Global Memory Protect section, ensure Program is unchecked.

Thank you very much, voip, for your time and providing the detailed info and explanation on this. I hadn't seen that multisample. Still working out the parameters and effects to get the sound design right - I am also still exploring other sounds to use in the Oscilator, so that the sound meets more the effect I am looking for. still some hours of work ahead. Smile
Thanks once again for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: