Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master volume is playing tricks on me.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Master volume is playing tricks on me. Reply with quote

Hello people,

I wanted to fade out a song, so I set to overdub, and recorded the master volume turning down, then went to listen and nothing happened, so as I went to re do it but when in recording mode, it worked, but out of record mode it does nothing, help!
pete.m

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which master volume did you turn down - the physical knob on the front of the keyboard, or the one on the MFX/TFX page? I always use the latter, and it works properly for me.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the master volume in the total effects tab.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I put it back into record mode to try again, it works, go back to normal mode and play it back it doesn't work, so deleted the control data and tried again, it worked both ways so I thought it was ok, then it stopped working, and only showed itself in rec mode again, I'm at a loss!!
pete.m

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're at a loss? Me, too - that's well weird, and must be very frustrating.

One thought - recording the fade-out is an EXCL event that you can record on any track. Is it possible that you've recorded events relating to Master Volume on different MIDI channels - in other words, maybe you recorded something prior to the one that seems to be causing the trouble, and it is an earlier attempt on a different channel that is working against it?

I suppose that you could also check to see if it is just a problem with the particular song you're currently working on, for some bizarre reason, by setting up another song - just four bars, or whatever - and then try to record a Master Volume fade on the new song.

l
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a ha. i recorded it on the track i was using to play, which was muted,
therefore the intruction was muted too it seems, so even when I tried a different track to rec it with, nothing happened, only when i del all ex data from all tracks then tried again it worked with track unmuted, i can sleep now thanks, nightmare!
pete.m

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great - glad you're sorted! Going off at a tangent, you've got me thinking about whether there might be any creative possibilities for just having a MIDI track used purely for EXCL events that you could then mute and unmute during performances. One for a quiet afternoon, maybe...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: