Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STS Deleting automatically after v2.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sagar ahuja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: STS Deleting automatically after v2.0 Reply with quote

STS deleting automatically and turns into all upper sounds to acoustic piano by default in particular style after updating to v2.0. This is very irritating while performing live.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you load the factory "restore" after the OS 2.0 update - this is critical.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Stilli

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would someone please remind me what STS stands for, I hate acronyms.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: STS Deleting automatically after v2.0 Reply with quote

sagar ahuja wrote:
STS deleting automatically and turns into all upper sounds to acoustic piano by default in particular style after updating to v2.0.

STS = Single Touch Settings = KBD SET in Pa4X , would work in custom styles only if you had loaded SOUNDs of this
custom SET , else the references of KBD SET will reset to default sound Grand Piano ... nothing to do with any Pa4X OS !
The same will happen if you use a custom sounds SET as Direct , without loading its SOUND & PAD resources !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Stilli

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: STS Deleting automatically after v2.0 Reply with quote

[quote="AntonySharmman"......
STS = Single Touch Settings = KBD SET in Pa4X ......[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation Anthony.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
Millan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem is mentioned also in this topic:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=110788

I had same problem with keyboard sets(ex 4 STS under screen).
It happens when I choose keyboard set from user library, and then again press one of the kb. sets under screen, name is erased and assign piano at all 3 uppers and lower also. Sometimes, name is not erased but piano is assigned to all 4 kb sets, sometimes only 3, it was randomly. It happens even on the factory styles.
Keyboard sets are from user library, and they are with custom sampled voices and also with only factory sounds in uppers.
This problem is evidently, after upgrade to os 2.0, with 1.24, there was no this problem. Some of this user keyboard sets are made with os 1.24... Os 2.0 is upgraded properly, and my set is loaded with no problems after that.

Solution is to re-save all user keyboard sets one by one, from user keyboard library from dropdown menu in right upper corner.
After this there is no problems! Smile

Last edited by Millan on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total
sagar ahuja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks millan, but i did the same (re-save all user keyboard sets one by one, from user keyboard library from dropdown menu in right uper corner.
After this there is no problems! Smile) but my problem is still the same
Millan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm again...
You re-save all user keyboard sets in user keyboard set library(ex performance on formerly Pa series)?
I'm not talking about 4 keyboard sets under screen, recorded with each style(ex STS on formerly Pa series).
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Possible Keyboard Set Solution Reply with quote

Hi Sagar Ahuja, even though it could, of course, be a problem with your install or potentially broken 'links' to your own samples and/or your user sets/user sounds etc. (I'm not smart enough to help you with those but I'm sure others here can Wink ), I actually think that your problem (and the problem of several others on this forum who've commented about piano sounds appearing when they select the Keyboard Sets) could actually be related to a simple setting in global (hopefully).

As no one in the thread has mentioned this so far, you may want to check out this:

Go to global/general controls and check that you have not got the "Auto Select - Keyboard Set Library" checked. You can read about it on Page 846 of the Manual.

If you don't have the manual to hand, it says " When the Auto Select > Keyboard Set Library parameter is activated, pressing
one of the KEYBOARD SET LIBRARY buttons, or touching the name of a
bank in the Keyboard Set Library Select window, automatically selects the
Keyboard Set you latest selected in that bank. This way, you can assign your
preferred Keyboard Set to each control panel’s button, and select it just with
a single press."

Am not sure if this will solve your problems but I hope it helps. If not, good luck getting your setup fully operational again.

Best wishes,
Jon
robthemuso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. I don't have a "save"option in the drop down menu, l get
Copy and paste
Delete
Rename
Rename user bank
Select all
Any help please
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob, if you're talking about not seeing a save option in a global menu, the reason for this is that, unlike older models. in the Global section any changes you make are saved automatically (i.e. no need to physically save anything after making changes).

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Jon
robthemuso

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help Jon very much appreciated. The save I'm referring to relates to re-saving all my user keyboard sets as in above posts. ☺
Cheers Rob
robthemuso

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, oh yes, how stupid. I think I know now, I need to load the keyboard set then write it back to it's original location..🎶🎼👍
robthemuso

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that right.? It's going to take for ever!!!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob

As said above, when you make GLOBAL changes on the PA4X they are immediately "written" internally BUT it is important to "save" to media if you want to reload those changes in the future.

So, yes, you could just "save" it over an existing SET on disk or just create a new SET.
I always create a new SET as it gives me ways of recovering if I screw things up.
Every time we rehearse (every week), I create a new SET with the date in the SET name - I also create it on HDD, SSD and mSD - paranoid? me?
...absolutely - been working with Microsoft for too many years Wink

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: